I'll add to the argument based on having street driven,raced,built,and tuned the fabled Hemis and Wedges in about every configuration,with the exception of T/F and only occasionally with nitrous .I can proclaim the in pure configuration in the right hands the Hemi gets my vote.Taking things to another level with all the R&D of wedge inspired techonology,the wedge engine have taken an edge.In certain venues where rules of modification limit or regulate the use of aftermarket techonology(class racing) the Hemi retains the edge.In pressurized(blown&turbo- charged) the Hemi will stand tall above all types engines.With all the new wedge or canted wedge style cylinder heads and manifold combinations the Wedges have a slight advantage,and are the popular choise.If someone wants to expound the time and effort to do some heavy Hemi R&D it would certainly be competitive to any engine if not reclaim it prestiges reputation of years past.The the word Hemi,the look,and the performance will make any nobody become someone to be respected.Take for instance four of my favorite all time big losers,Missle Kevin,HemiFred,Hemmeroidites,and the Yankee Fish Peddler.With out a Hemi they would be just four more flies on a pile of crap.