Quote:

Not that I am anybody but here is my for what it's worth . My shock's are on the same as yours . (some will say they are on wrong but afco's can be mounted either way ) My shock's are about that close to the bumpers also . I have the cal's in the bottom hole with a 1/16 gap on the bar's . I have the shock's on the stiff side.(don't remember how many click )
I run a 28x10.5 stiff slick. Foot braking.

I thought about this If my ride was a racecar only deal, I would not worry, Id just drive it, but my ride is also a streetcar, that makes me worry about messing up the shocks, because the roads over here are what they are and it probably would not take long untill the shocks got messed up because of bottoming out to hard...

Quote:

Being that your on the other side of the pond it might be cheaper if you lower the bottom stud 1"

I thought about this to. Problem then is this project will escalate quickly. The "body" of the shock, both the lower and upper part of it, is so wide that it would begin to interfere with/hit the bracket (lower part of shockbody is close already to the bracket). Welding a pice to the bracket (make it lower) would not work out that good because of how the shock is built. Thought about adding something, like a 1" spacer between the spring and lower bracket. That would be and easy solution. The problem is doing that, it would also change the transfer link angle and the tranfer link pipe might also end up to short

I hope to sell the shocks to someone, already made a 4 sale add on them.. I dont really like to engineer my way out of a problem, when the problem can easily be corrected by just getting the correct part.

-Any one out there have any idea on how to measure a correct shock extension hight, when running Calvert rear springs

Thanks
/Tom

Last edited by TomsCharger70; 03/14/15 07:30 AM.