Quote:

We've had Caltracs for many years. They work well for us but remember to include the front set up in the equation. We mounted the shocks with the body at the bottom, makes adjusting the extension a pain on an E body but do able. Starting from scratch I would look to mounting the shock in front of the axle, it will help control axle rotation better.
What H/P, Tq, weight are you at? and what tyre, 'box and rear ratio are you using?
Edit: Bars are on the bottom hole here too.

Ill just see what way the shocks mounts the best.. Ive seen pics of the shocks mounted infront of the axel, at the moment I feel that a little overkill for my combo. Im not gonna break any records with my car. I race in a Streetcar class with a 9.99sec break out time. My best so far is 10.74@200mph, 1.57sec 60ft time. SS springs, Mopar DR shocks... In other words, nothing special.. Front end loose, I have the 5" of travel, poly bushings, 90/10 cheap Energy Suspension shocks.. Planing on adding Afco DA shocks in the front to..

My 496cid makes 770Hp, 670clb-ft tq. Weight is something like 3750lbs. Hoosier QTP 29x11.5-15, 727 from CRT and 4.56 ratio. Clicking 6900Rpm at the finnish line. May change the rearend ratio to 4.10 or 4.30, that way I could use 28" tires and also get the car to sit a bit lower in the rear.

Quote:

Typically, use the front mount hole that puts the bar close to parallel w/ the ground.

OK, Ill mount the transfer link according to Calvert instructions and go from there..