Quote:

What 9" center did I price at $1700?

Please post a link to this $1200 9" third-member equipped with a 35 spline traction differential.

All Detroit Lockers are sloppy because they have 1/8" internal lash before the ratchet mechanism engages.

I said you can get a S-60 equipped with a high-end, smooth, quiet S-Trac differential for LESS money than a comparable 9" rear built with a sloppy Detroit Locker. As a bonus, the Dana 60 S-Trac is stronger.

With about a 2 minute Google search, I found a "kit" that includes a Nodular center, Daytona pinion support, bearing kit, billet yoke, pinion nut. Basically everything other than gear and Locker for $495. Then I found a complete 35 spline "locker" assy for $500. That puts the total at $995. "Street" gear can be had for what......$200-$250. That puts a complete, ready to go Nodular center, good support, 35 spline locker and street gear for less than $1300 unless my math is wrong..........which it isn't. Is it an "out of the box" ready to bolt in center, No, you would have to put it together. Ok, you don't want to put it together. Buy the parts and have somebody assemble it. That's gonna cost what......another $100.............it's still a good deal.

When the other guy posted what he paid for his center, which without going back, I think he said $1250ish...........then you said "add $805" for the Strange locker. So really that was closer to $2000 and I said $1700.......my bad.

As I have already said, I could care less which rear anybody puts under their car. Makes NO difference to me..........but when it is REPEATEDLY claimed that a Ford of comparable assy costs WAY more money than a Dana, I am repeatedly going to point out that is NOT true. As with anything else, you shop around, you can find deals.

We always see threads, who has the best price on this, who has the best price on that, why would diff parts be any different. All the Dana guys always point at the highest price Ford parts and say "see, it's way higher".........when that is not the case with some shopping around. Just because a complete Pro-Mod center from Mark Williams is around $3000, does not mean every center section costs that much.