Yeah, it's been covered differently on other posts over time, but I'd like to hear specifically WHY people prefer the Dana 60 (or modern replacement) vs. the current Ford-type 9" differential for a stout street/strip application.

Just checked out Strange's web site and they do offer both as bolt-in assemblies for an E-body, but I didn't dig deep enough to start coming up w/ $$$ differences, or whether things like my current 8.75" drum brakes can be swapped directly to a 9" assembly, etc.

I'm not prejudiced against either, since I like the drop-out centersection design of my 8.75", and my ol' A12 Road Runner had the factory-installed Dana 60 backing up its 4-speed. I'm looking for legit stuff, not a bunch of subjective "You wouldn't put a FORD rear under your MOPAR, would ya'?" type comments, or whatever comparable would apply to a Dana.

So, please tell me the pros & cons of each. At some point I know The MoPig is going to need something better than my 8.75", so I might as well start asking now.