Quote:

I'm thinking of trying the True Street Challenge this year with my 72 Dart. Has any of you every tried that and what was your thoughts on it?

I entered the TSC a few years ago with the Orange street car.. and I have to tell you.. It was a blast, especially considering that it is FREE to enter..

The first thing they have you do is line up your car in a make shift car show... This gave everyone the chance to walk around the cars and do a meet n greet with the other competitors..

The next item on the schedule was a little trip on the streets, around the back side of the track and along Nellis AFB.. There was minimal traffic and stop lights, but did prove the car could at least be driven on the streets..

The last item of business was a couple free laps down the track.. This was not a competition race type thing.. it was just a way to do a smokey burnout and stretch its legs.. We had a mild oil down right before I was to line up at the tree.. During the clean up, we talked with the photographers and crew... One guy told us.. if we wanted to be on the cover of the magazine.. "THINK BURNOUT"

So me and Greg (smallblockid) held the burnout for quite awhile and our friends in the stands said there was so much smoke, they could barely see the two cars..

I'm not so sure about that.. but it did reward me with a nice picture to brag about..

I say if you can do it.. then do it.. its fun.. its exciting and its free