Moparts

Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 05:09 AM

Just wanted to get everyone revved up and talking about this race. Getting close and lets here who is planning on attending this year?

There are also some changes on tap for you the race guys. First anyone who owns a Hellcat will be able to get in for FREE!! You will need to contact in advance to get entry and will also be allowed to run in the time only class as part of your FREE entry. Call 702.256.8254 for more info. Also for all the bracket guys they are bringing back Saturday Bracket races there will be a box and no box class with buy backs available for 1st and 2nd rounds as well. For more info go to the MATS website http://www.matslv.com/ There are some other changes as well to things like the Q16 program, namely a clarification on who can run in Q16. Now Mopar BODIED door cars and Mopar powered dragsters.

They are working hard to make improvements and provide some more racing. This is the first step, I think you will find the Painters open to racers suggestions at to make this a bigger event. So if there are things you would like to see lets hear what they are.

So let me know who is planning on attending. This event is always a highlite of my year. I do my best to have a good time and do what I can to make sure people get to run this deal. We need to support this event and show the Painter family how much we appreciate their efforts. So come on who is coming!!!!
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 06:03 AM

All I need is a motor, a trailer, time off work and cash... but outside of that, I'm ready..

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 06:10 AM

You WILL be there...Or so I hear

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 06:22 AM

On a more serious note.. I think the event could use a HEADS UP race.. the details and classes can be worked out by others, but as a suggestion..

Heads up rental cars
Heads up tow vehicle with wife/girlfriend driving
Heads up all stock late model
Heads up for car show participates
etc
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 06:23 AM

I will be there in the box class, but would also like to get a couple of runs all out to see how much the elevation affects the methanol injection

Attached picture 8425803-image.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 06:27 AM

Golf cart racing!!!

Tony look forward to seeing you there.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 07:04 AM

Quote:

Golf cart racing!!!

The V-rod is coming apart tonight! Liquid cooled Revo power EZ GO here I come!

If all survives March Meet I'll be fast.... If not.... I'll be slow. BUT!.... I WILL be there!
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 07:11 AM

Me & the central cali crew will be there, Most of us are finishing the winter repairs & need a tnt to sort out issues but should be a good one this year. The Saturday race looks good also
We'll see ya there Al

Attached picture 8425855-IMG_5188.JPG
Posted By: Pink Dart

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 07:43 AM

I'll be there for sure. Just got the new combo fired up.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 07:46 AM

I was a spectator at the first one. Sometime, before I croak, I'm going to be there with the car. When that would be, lord only knows! Have fun, everybody.
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 07:48 AM

An X275 race! Lol.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 09:26 AM

I will be there with the Team Confusion guys.

Looking forward to more racing.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 03:56 PM

On my hit list.

Attached picture 8425994-vegasmoby2013.jpg
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 04:22 PM

I'll be there.
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/11/15 05:14 PM

Any owners of Challenger Hellcats are invited to the event this year and will receive a FREE entry to the event along with a Drag Race pass to make all the runs they wish in the time only class,contact www.matslv.com for more info
Posted By: sccuda

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 03:10 AM

I will be there.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 03:43 AM

David I assume in Q16 again. Do you know if Mr Clark will be joining us again?
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 03:43 AM

Im there three Classes 2 cars
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 04:53 AM

Quote:

Im there three Classes 2 cars

Yup....we going to make the big trip.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 05:11 AM

Quote:

I was a spectator at the first one. Sometime, before I croak, I'm going to be there with the car. When that would be, lord only knows! Have fun, everybody.

I'm still a spectator and will be hanging out at Jeepmon's trailer eating his hamburgers.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 05:56 AM

Jeepmon better be feeding me...Although we usually put on the evening festivities at the track
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 07:43 AM

I'll be there crewing with the Orange Monsters again, plus pencil in George's Green BB Aspen.
Plans are arrival Thursday, racing the weekend.

Any word on who will be at the Cannery in the evenings?

Tow vehicles are a bit in the air, so haven't firmed up if I'm driving or riding out.
The back seat of the crew cab 3500 is a rough ride!

Attached picture 8426866-WINNERS.JPG

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 03:49 PM

Queensryche is the band at the Cannery
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 04:35 PM

Quote:

"Never heardofem!"
Posted By: sccuda

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 05:51 PM

Al, Hopefully Q16, ,last I Heard Clark was coming also . I haven't talk to him in a while I know he frequents here maybe he'll chime in.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 07:09 PM

I heard he was sunning himself down south
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 07:43 PM

Quote:

Golf cart racing!!!

Hey, we got a new cart, heard it's pretty fast, what you think Al?
Curtis

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/12/15 07:46 PM

Will be there with the Pipe running Q16 and maybe run Electronics as well with another driver.

Attached picture 8427165-DSC_0015.JPG
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/13/15 12:38 AM

Quote:

Take hold of the flame Brah!

I'll try and be there too.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/13/15 01:15 AM

Not this year.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/13/15 01:43 AM

Quote:

Not this year.

Oh no....That sucks was looking forward to drinking some Scotch with ya, plus Q16 needs all the competitors we can get.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/13/15 07:28 AM

Quote:

Not this year.

That sucks.. gonna miss you and the Wife..
Posted By: calmech67

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 08:07 AM

We will be attending again this year. 1 car in Q16, 1 car in Pro, 1 car in mopar versus the world.

Attached picture 8429622-horsepowerheaven.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 04:47 PM

Well guys we need all the Q16 cars we can get as another one went boom last night at LVMS. So don't be afraid to enter your low/mid 9 second cars in this class. The QUCIKEST 16 cars make the field period!! No minimum ET this year, if you do not make the field you will be allowed to run in Pro or Super Pro as always.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 06:54 PM

Quote:

Well guys we need all the Q16 cars we can get as another one went boom last night at LVMS. So don't be afraid to enter your low/mid 9 second cars in this class. The QUCIKEST 16 cars make the field period!! No minimum ET this year, if you do not make the field you will be allowed to run in Pro or Super Pro as always.

NO don't want to hear that BOOM stuff!But low to mid 9's is intriguing Hmmm if gas stayed down (MH) and I felt I could get away from work , well........ Would like to make this race again

Attached picture 8429993-IMG_20130908_155711_617(576x1024).jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 06:59 PM

Come on over Keith. Be a great place to market to car too. I honestly think you could get in and it is for $5K. And you know how many people are there looking for cars to buy. Love to see you make it out.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 07:14 PM

With your talent Keith.. you're sure to go rounds and who knows... might cash in on someone money too
Posted By: Wax

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/15/15 09:40 PM

Should be a least one car from Wyoming for quick 16. Al: I see you have a picture of the Stratus on the track. What kind of numbers has it run?
Posted By: dragnduster

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 12:18 AM

I'm thinking of trying the True Street Challenge this year with my 72 Dart. Has any of you every tried that and what was your thoughts on it?

Attached picture 8430358-Dart.jpg
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 12:58 AM

I did it in 07 it was fun.

Send in you pictures now, I don't know when the cut off is.
Posted By: ntstlgl1970

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 02:47 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking of trying the True Street Challenge this year with my 72 Dart. Has any of you every tried that and what was your thoughts on it?

I did true street last year and it was fun. I won't make it this year - we did willow springs, spring fling then vegas last year, but two weeks between shows kills doing both this year.

Attached picture 8430509-truestreet14_edited-1.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 02:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. How many and what types of pictures do they want? I'll have to figure who I send them to. How far is the cruise you go on?
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 03:03 AM

Dave, that's a good looking Dart, didn't know you had that? How long have you owned it?
Posted By: ntstlgl1970

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info. How many and what types of pictures do they want? I'll have to figure who I send them to. How far is the cruise you go on?

I think I sent about 5 pictures, not sure on what they want. I would email mopar muscle and ask. Randy Bolig is not there anymore so not sure how it is going to be run this year. There was no cruise portion last year since Randy had to do the whole thing by himself. He said in previous years they would have 2-3 people helping him.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 04:02 AM

Quote:

Dave, that's a good looking Dart, didn't know you had that? How long have you owned it?

Hey Glenn good to hear from you, it's been quite awhile. Have had that Dart since 1988, it's one I built for my father to race and when he got to old to do it anymore I decided to make it a street car again. Just a mild 360 motor but still fun to drive. How are things back east for you?

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 04:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think I sent about 5 pictures, not sure on what they want. I would email mopar muscle and ask. Randy Bolig is not there anymore so not sure how it is going to be run this year. There was no cruise portion last year since Randy had to do the whole thing by himself. He said in previous years they would have 2-3 people helping him.

Thanks for the info, I will do some more looking into it. Sounds like a nice change of pace from playing with the race car.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 05:03 AM

Quote:

I got in with the '72 RR back in '06 or so when it had a 505 in it and ran mid 12's on greasy radial T/A.s . I had bought a set of 275 drag radials and was hoping to lower that and 2 days before we left I had what I thought were Cam issue's so through the Challenger in the trailer instead, sign up the worst they can do is not pick you. I believe they are looking for a assortment of different cars and hopefully yours will fit in for them it looks great!

Al, last year had a long talk with Phil twice and really was fired up to go to both this and Spring Fling but with just 2 estimators/ General Superintendents were I work compared to 4 years back we are super busy with deadlines now so sometimes I can slip away others I can't, would rather do MATS solely do to a combination of the Mopar thing and 1/4 mile racing as my on track insurance no longer covers 1/8 mile which SF has changed too.

Attached picture 8430729-IMG_20130616_104417_994(1024x768).jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 05:09 AM

Quote:

With your talent Keith.. you're sure to go rounds and who knows... might cash in on someone money too

Don you are to kind, lol But truth is I would love a shot at being a 9.20 car against a 2 second faster car , do it all the time here and have plenty of different strategies to mess with'em I think the slower car has the advantage late in the day but ..........

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 05:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I got in with the '72 RR back in '06 or so when it had a 505 in it and ran mid 12's on greasy radial T/A.s . I had bought a set of 275 drag radials and was hoping to lower that and 2 days before we left I had what I thought were Cam issue's so through the Challenger in the trailer instead, sign up the worst they can do is not pick you. I believe they are looking for a assortment of different cars and hopefully yours will fit in for them it looks great!

Thanks I appreciate all the info. I remember seeing you Challenger there, it is an awesome car. Your RR looks great also, I'd love to get a chance to check it out.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 04:46 PM

Quote:

I entered the TSC a few years ago with the Orange street car.. and I have to tell you.. It was a blast, especially considering that it is FREE to enter..

The first thing they have you do is line up your car in a make shift car show... This gave everyone the chance to walk around the cars and do a meet n greet with the other competitors..

The next item on the schedule was a little trip on the streets, around the back side of the track and along Nellis AFB.. There was minimal traffic and stop lights, but did prove the car could at least be driven on the streets..

The last item of business was a couple free laps down the track.. This was not a competition race type thing.. it was just a way to do a smokey burnout and stretch its legs.. We had a mild oil down right before I was to line up at the tree.. During the clean up, we talked with the photographers and crew... One guy told us.. if we wanted to be on the cover of the magazine.. "THINK BURNOUT"

So me and Greg (smallblockid) held the burnout for quite awhile and our friends in the stands said there was so much smoke, they could barely see the two cars..

I'm not so sure about that.. but it did reward me with a nice picture to brag about..

I say if you can do it.. then do it.. its fun.. its exciting and its free

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I entered the TSC a few years ago with the Orange street car.. and I have to tell you.. It was a blast, especially considering that it is FREE to enter..

The first thing they have you do is line up your car in a make shift car show... This gave everyone the chance to walk around the cars and do a meet n greet with the other competitors..

The next item on the schedule was a little trip on the streets, around the back side of the track and along Nellis AFB.. There was minimal traffic and stop lights, but did prove the car could at least be driven on the streets..

The last item of business was a couple free laps down the track.. This was not a competition race type thing.. it was just a way to do a smokey burnout and stretch its legs.. We had a mild oil down right before I was to line up at the tree.. During the clean up, we talked with the photographers and crew... One guy told us.. if we wanted to be on the cover of the magazine.. "THINK BURNOUT"

So me and Greg (smallblockid) held the burnout for quite awhile and our friends in the stands said there was so much smoke, they could barely see the two cars..

I'm not so sure about that.. but it did reward me with a nice picture to brag about..

I say if you can do it.. then do it.. its fun.. its exciting and its free

Thanks for the info. That's a great looking car you have! What kind of times did you run with it?

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/16/15 06:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. That's a great looking car you have! What kind of times did you run with it?

Low to mid 11's.. mid 10's with a small shot

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/18/15 05:45 PM

We did some work and got a car ready for thr True Street Challenge a couple years ago. It ended up winning the deal. The owner of the car appeared to have a great time and it was certainly a nice car.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/18/15 06:55 PM

Quote:

We did some work and got a car ready for thr True Street Challenge a couple years ago. It ended up winning the deal. The owner of the car appeared to have a great time and it was certainly a nice car.

Hey Al do you know who I would get ahold of to find out how to register for the True Street Challenge and what I need to do? I emailed the address on the MATS site 3 days ago and have received no response, maybe I need to get ahold of someone different.
Thanks

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 01:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Al do you know who I would get ahold of to find out how to register for the True Street Challenge and what I need to do? I emailed the address on the MATS site 3 days ago and have received no response, maybe I need to get ahold of someone different.
Thanks

Bummer I just found out that the True Street Challenge probably won't happen this year due to lack of interest!
Oh well now it's either hurry and get the race car ready or run the street car anyway, maybe in the foot brake class.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 03:41 AM

wonder what will be on the menu? I'm bringing my chef again!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 04:10 AM

Called Dick Clark, He may try to make it.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 05:24 AM

Tommy, thanks to you T says no carrot cake for me. I need to lose weight to have ANY chance to make the field.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 05:40 AM

Quote:

Tommy, thanks to you T says no carrot cake for me. I need to lose weight to have ANY chance to make the field.

You need to tell t that carrots are vegetables!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 05:54 PM

Making it wont be an issue it's plenty fast enough. Get that tank down here and race

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 06:23 PM

So far there have been a couple of Hellcats take the get in free offer to MATS, I will see if i can get them to do a few races against each other
Posted By: nitrojoe

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/19/15 08:14 PM

Al good luck on your adventure out there, not going to make it again this year as I was talking to Phil yesterday about "stuff"
maybe next year
Posted By: Spyphish

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/25/15 03:19 AM

Planning on being there if there is an AH Hemi shootout and we ain't broken. Running Belle Rose the weekend before. Also planning on Jeremy's Coronet with the Hemi 99 in it so stacker full. Some match racing maybe. BUT if anyone from Louisiana or SE Texas is going and can haul a car, we are looking for a slot for the Monsta. Will pay expenses of course. Stephen 337-499-44 three five

Attached picture 8440018-IMG_0270.JPG

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/25/15 03:45 AM

You gonna drop that Monsta off here for me. Awfully nice of you:)

Look forward to seeing you guy in attendance, now get Jeremy to run Q16 with that bad boy. Plenty fast enough.
Posted By: Spyphish

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/25/15 04:02 AM

You got it, I will bring the cigars. As for Monsta; coffee table if this deal doesn't go. What a nice orphan, tucked away in an abandoned Bingo Hall. Nobody loves it! 'Cept me....

Attached picture 8440073-IMG_0270.JPG

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 02/25/15 04:33 AM

Quote:

You got it, I will bring the cigars.

....and from an earlier conversation, I believe Al is bringing the beer.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/02/15 04:17 AM

Well, we are out! Snapped (I believe) the input shaft on 1st time run this morning so glad now it hasn't sold yet, four passes yesterday and one burnout today, not the way I would want somebody getting my car. So need to send my used back up converter in and wait till it gets back then put my spare trans in or get this one fixed first. Will also need to send the converter that is in it now to see if it was damaged, most likely putting the high compression 501" back in and sale the 572" outright or keep for another project to bring the price down, I guess time will tell.

Attached picture 8445796-IMG_20150228_122750355_HDR(1024x576).jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/02/15 05:18 AM

sorry to hear Keith..... If it would have happened at MaTS we would have loved to try and make it 2 for 2 for making runs in the morning!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/02/15 08:52 AM

Jay has plenty experience building 727's in the pits at MATs
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/02/15 09:06 AM

we're in

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/02/15 09:31 AM

Nothing beats late night thrashing and trans rebuilds in the trailer.

Sorry to hear about the carnage Keith. Hopefully the damage is minor and an easy fix. Don broke his at the MATS last year but we rounded up the parts and got him going again. Hopefully yours is similar in scope.
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 06:48 AM

ive never been....im really thinking of making the 9 hour drive. i have quite a list of parts im looking for...is the manufactures midway pretty big? looking for a few things from Auto Metal Direct. like a quarter panel for my fast back, and a trunk floor! how does it work normally, do we buy from them before the show and have them take it for pick up to save on shipping?

looks like a 3 day spectator pass is $60 bucks?

thanks,
james
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 06:50 AM

I'll be there with some friends from Chicago

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 07:51 AM

Due to reasons beyond my control.... I'm out this year
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 11:13 AM

I was thinking about going, but with dumping a ton of cash in the duster this winter and just buying a house, I won't be able to afford it. Maybe next year...

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 03:41 PM

I stopped and checked out that Petty blue ride last year.... for some reason.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/03/15 10:26 PM

I'm still not sure about going. Didn't enjoy it much last year. Swap Meet was pretty small and the racing, well, too many classes and not enough cars.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/06/15 09:47 AM

Well we hope you come anyway. Just come shoot the breeze or hang out. We try to make the evenings at the track fun for those who stay there anyway.
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/06/15 03:54 PM

I'll be there driving aarcuda's 73 360 Duster. I'm talking to the Mettler's about bringing their 7 sec Pro Stock truck. It depends on geting the engine back in time.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/06/15 04:57 PM

There are 4 Hellcats registered so far coming to MATS

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 01:05 AM

Quote:

I'll be there driving aarcuda's 73 360 Duster. I'm talking to the Mettler's about bringing their 7 sec Pro Stock truck. It depends on geting the engine back in time.

OH?

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 02:30 AM

Dodge confirmed today they are coming to MATS this year, Doing interviews with participants along with a ride along in the Viper and Hellcat's see www.matslv.com for more info

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 02:57 AM

Quote:

Dodge confirmed today they are coming to MATS this year, Doing interviews with participants along with a ride along in the Viper and Hellcat's see www.matslv.com for more info

Got the text from Phil a little bit ago..Awesome news!!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 03:55 AM

Dodge who? Prostock cars?

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 06:51 AM

Dodge is bringing their thrill ride program, ride & drive and owners showcase. One more good reason to be there

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/07/15 08:24 AM

Quote:

Dodge who? Prostock cars?

No Dodge as in the Company that builds Hellcats, Vipers etc..

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/13/15 06:33 AM

Just a friendly bump
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/13/15 06:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We did some work and got a car reading for thr True Street Challenge a couple years ago. It ended up winning the deal. The owner of the car appeared to

Bummer I just found out that the True Street Challenge probably won't happen this year due to lack of interest!
Oh well now it's either hurry and get the race car ready or run the street car anyway, maybe in the foot brake class.

What a shame...no interest. I have true appreciation for a true streetable 11 second (or faster!) car.

Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/13/15 06:48 AM

Quote:

You got it, I will bring the cigars. As for Monsta; coffee table if this deal doesn't go. What a nice orphan, tucked away in an abandoned Bingo Hall. Nobody loves it! 'Cept me....

I'm BAFFLED how that hasn't sold for what you are asking.
Posted By: calmech67

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/18/15 05:29 PM

Al is Ustreamtv going to be on the internet showing this event? I saw last weekend they showed the local race.

Attached picture 8463860-1967PlymouthBarracuda.jpg
Posted By: HEMIDART1968

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/18/15 07:49 PM

We are planning on going. Our group is bringing 3 cars.
1 Quick 16
1 AFX
1 Bracket

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/19/15 04:20 AM

Will have my wounded trans back together as soon as parts arrive. Think we're rolling in thurs night. Used to get there wed night, but not this time.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/19/15 04:42 AM

Received our confirmation letters today, so I guess my son and I will be driving a couple of heavy, slow, Big Block B-bodies up the mountain to play around in street...

Attached picture 8464527-003-Copy.JPG

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/19/15 07:22 AM

I used to like to get there early to get a spot in the same time zone as the staging lanes..... I'll probably be in the north 40 somewhere Billy.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/19/15 05:49 PM

Quote:

I used to like to get there early to get a spot in the same time zone as the staging lanes..... I'll probably be in the north 40 somewhere Billy.

Pay the extra to enter quick 16... pits are right next to the staging lanes.. do your TT's... if you dont qualify, then you get a refund and can run your normal class..

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 04:46 PM

Trans back in after a fiasco of an assembly over the weekend. Couldn't seem to work on it 10 minutes before I'd find something I screwed up, or something else wrong with it. Used parts from my spare 47RE and got it back together. We'll roll in friday morning sometime....

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 04:48 PM

Well folks.. its the week of MATs... Mopars at the Strip and normally our house is full of excitement, anticipation and an overall sense of giddiness...

But that aint happenin for us this year.. We're stuck at home with a motor thats not in the car.. So for those of you that are going.. Enjoy, have fun and good luck with the racing.. We'll be watching from the comforts of our office computer chair..

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 06:26 PM

Looks like I'm on your page Don.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=967676039910629&set=p.967676039910629&type=1

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 06:36 PM

Quote:

Looks like I'm on your page Don.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=967676039910629&set=p.967676039910629&type=1

This is what I see when I click on the link...

Quote:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 06:42 PM

Well gents looks like you can count me on as a non attendee this year as well. Will be the first time I have ever missed this race. But I have another obligation that I cannot get away from. Hope you all have a great weekend and that this is the best MATS ever. See you all next year!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 06:48 PM

Quote:

Well gents looks like you can count me on as a non attendee this year as well. Will be the first time I have ever missed this race. But I have another obligation that I cannot get away from. Hope you all have a great weekend and that this is the best MATS ever. See you all next year!

Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 07:53 PM

sweet duster ! you going to be in vegas again this year ? also hear youll be whipping some chevy's and ford's at barona in a few weeks. (or do i have the wrong blue duster?)

Attached picture 8468909-10896960_927663033931263_6811666992110092383_n.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/23/15 07:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What the He!! the wheels are commin off at the finish line

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 03:03 AM

Quote:

sweet duster ! you going to be in vegas again this year ? also hear youll be whipping some chevy's and ford's at barona in a few weeks. (or do i have the wrong blue duster?)

NOPE! That's my baby!! I've been lured into running Match Race Madness. I think I'm getting set up! It's going to be a fun day either way. There are some cool cars getting paired up.

You guys parking toward the top at MaTS again? We may end up in that area as we're not getting into Vegas until Friday.

Jay
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 03:56 AM

I have searched the MATS website and have been unable to find a race schedule. Does anyone know what it is mainly interested in stock/superstock, NSS, and Stick Shift class.
Posted By: rickb67

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 04:06 AM

Wanted to be there this year,I guess I will wait for diesel to go back up. Hope everyone has fun.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 04:47 AM

Quote:

I have searched the MATS website and have been unable to find a race schedule. Does anyone know what it is mainly interested in stock/superstock, NSS, and Stick Shift class.

This is the schedule from the flyer in the mail with entry....but it is always wrong.

Friday
9 am Time Trials begin two sessions, run with class. Run order Super Stock Hemi SS/AH, Nostaigia SS, Wester Fuel Altered, Quick 16, Stock/Super Stock combo, Super pro, Pro, New Hemi Challenge, Stick Class. Pony Car Wars, Street Sport Compact, Truck, slant 6, Time Only, Police and Fire....

Repeat at 1 pm...

4 30 pm Clean up time trial for anyone not getting 2 passes..

Saturday Time Trials start at 8am...Same order..
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 08:24 AM

I'm out, my wife hurt her knee last week bad enough to make me want to stay home and help her
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/24/15 04:12 PM

Dang, add me to the drop out list.
Post-surgical care of the kitty that adopted me.
The rest of the team WILL be there though.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/25/15 01:20 AM

Quote:

Soooooooooooo, does that mean that I am buying the first round in Fontana? Sending you a text now....
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/25/15 04:04 AM

Just got into Primm Nv, going to stay here with the family and roll in early Thursday morning. Been looking forward to this weekend for along time!

Attached picture 8470332-image.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/25/15 06:12 AM

Hope to get out of work in time to drop off my junk Thursday afternoon! Hope to get into the Quick 16 again with my turd!
See you all there,
Curtis

Attached picture 8470432-image.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/25/15 11:28 PM

MaTS is close.... Wind blowin like a mutha!!

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/25/15 11:46 PM

Quote:

MaTS is close.... Wind blowin like a mutha!!

Normal.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/26/15 12:40 AM

90's all weekend too.

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/26/15 05:16 PM

Quote:

90's all weekend too.

...not for you!

Damn wind howled all night straight outa the north. Will be an interesting tow this am....

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/26/15 06:53 PM

Well it is windy a bit up here this AM and is supposed to be all weekend.

BTW it will be WARMER where I am than it is here. Leaving in the AM to the heat..

For those attending. There is NO MINUMUM ET for the Quick 16. This race is open to the fastest 16 Mopar cars. Cannot go wrong here. 4 rounds to win $5000!!! If you do not make the field they refund the difference and put you in Pro or Super Pro. What more can you ask...

Here are the updated rules.
Quick 16

Open to the quickest 16 entries. Mopar Engine or Body in Door Car. Mopar Engine in Dragsters. Run cards will have designated lanes for each qualifying run (R,L,R, or L,R,L) to keep one lane from being better than the other.

The remaining non-qualifying entries will be moved to the Super Pro or Pro class and will receive a refund. The quick class purse will remain the same in either case.

Winner: $5,000
Runner-up: $1,500
Semi: $500
Quarters: $250
Entry fee: $250
(16 car minimum)

Electronics will be permitted. A .500 Tree will be used laddered on a NHRA 16-car sportsman ladder. Cars cannot dial slower than .1 tenth off their qualified time.

Here are the new updated rules.

Bounty will be paid based on Friday and Saturday’s qualifying. Quickest Door and Open car will receive $250 each at the conclusion of qualifying on Saturday

Quick 16

Gordon-Turner-2011-Quick-winnerOpen to the quickest 16 entries. Mopar Engine or Body in Door Car. Mopar Engine in Dragsters. Run cards will have designated lanes for each qualifying run (R,L,R, or L,R,L) to keep one lane from being better than the other.

The remaining non-qualifying entries will be moved to the Super Pro or Pro class and will receive a refund. The quick class purse will remain the same in either case.

Winner: $5,000
Runner-up: $1,500
Semi: $500
Quarters: $250
Entry fee: $250
(16 car minimum)

Electronics will be permitted. A .500 Tree will be used laddered on a NHRA 16-car sportsman ladder. Cars cannot dial slower than .1 tenth off their qualified time.

Bounty will be paid based on Friday and Saturday’s qualifying. Quickest Door and Open car will receive $250 each at the conclusion of qualifying on Saturday
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Mopars at the strip 2015 rollcall and info - 03/26/15 07:02 PM

Quote:

Well it is windy a bit up here this AM and is supposed to be all weekend.

BTW it will be WARMER where I am than it is here. Leaving in the AM to the heat..

You headed to Palm Springs/Palm Desert?
© 2024 Moparts Forums