I need some suggestions on what type of intake and carb(s) to run.

This is for the 65' Belvedere,,,

I want to "think" about running in the NSS stuff....or at least have the ability to comply with the rules,,,,
The only major thing for me/the car is the carb issues,,,

Right now i have a Dominator,,,the car has Edelbrock heads,,,
The best ET on the car is a 10.26 @ 130MPH,with the dominator,,,not sure there is much more in the car as it sits,,,other than shedding some weight for ET...

QUESTION

What intake and carbs would you recomend for NSS for my car?

Will it slow down much or at all,,,compared to the dominator ?

I have a 800 Thunder series Edelbrock carb,,,sitting on the shelf ( should i run 2 of those,,,or am i going to have to down size to 2 smaller carbs ? ),,,i dont know what the NSS guys typically run,,,so need a little help there...

Is there someone that can "trick" out the carbs to make them work alot better,,,,eg prosystems,,quickfuel,,etc...

Thanks for any suggestions.....

I am planning on running DUAL carbs,,,,,

Is there an advantage to running a IN LINE vs CROSS RAM intake ?,,,,,

Doug

I attached a copy of the NSS rules,,,carb section...

Quote:

1.19 CARBURETOR
CARBURETOR (NSS CLASSES): All entries in the eliminator must be carbureted as outlined below. Carburetors must be of type and design as originally produced for a specific vehicle. Positioning of carburetors from factory mounting not a tech item (carburetors may be positioned facing forwards, backwards, or side mounted). Choke plate, choke shaft, choke linkage, and choke mechanism may be removed; choke horn removal permitted. The following carburetor combinations are allowed, regardless of year/make/model of entry:

•Buick 400-455; Single Carter, AFB, Edelbrock or Q-Jet, inline 2x4 with Carters, AFBs or Edelbrocks.
•Chevy 348-409; Inline 2x4, inline 3x2 with Rochesters or single 4bbl with Carters, AFBs, Edelbrocks or Rochesters.
•Chevy 396-454; Single 4bbl with Rochester, Carter,AFB, Edelbrock or Holley, Inline 2x4 with Carters, AFBs, Edelbrocks or Holleys, Inline 3x2 Holleys.
•Chrysler Hemi; Inline 2x4 or single 4bbl intake with Carters, AFBs, Edelbrocks, Holleys; or cross-ram 2x4 intake with Holleys.
•Chrysler Wedge; Inline or cross-ram 2x4 or single 4bbl intake with Carters, AFBs, or Edelbrocks.
•Ford; Inline 2x4 intakes, inline 3x2, or single 4bbl with Holleys.
•Pontiac; Inline 2x4 intakes or single 4bbl with Carters, AFBs, or Edelbrocks; or inline 3x2 with Rochesters.
•AMX 390—Cross ram 2x4 bbl intakes with Holleys.
•Olds 400-455; 1x4 Q-Jet, inline with 3x2 Rochesters.
CARBURETOR (F/X CLASSES): Vehicles in these classes permitted the use of carburetors listed for NSS, or Holley up to 850 cfm in size (no Dominators).

Multiple Carburetion Preferred

Racers with current legal National Muscle Car Association and Monster Mopar Dave Duell Classic single 4-bbl carburetor/intake manifold/vehicle combinations are encouraged to change to multiple carburetion. Racers with combinations currently under construction are also encouraged to use multiple carburetion.