Quote:

How do you put it in overdrive? Do you need a special shifter?

Nope, no special shifter needed. It has 2 modes. Manual and automatic. For manual mode, you can do it one of 2 ways. It comes with an extra floor bright light switch or you can use a small electronic button switch that mounts on your shifter handle. I used the floor bright switch and only use manual mode. I installed their switch further up on the floor and connected my bright light wires to that. So I have 2 switches. I have a 727 with a reverse manual valve body so I have to manually shift all the time anyway. I also have a TurboAction shifter that has a button switch already dedicated to my line locks so the floor switch seemed the best approach. So what I do is shift manually and when I hit about 45 mph, I use my left foot and press the bright light switch which puts me in 4th. The GV is integrated into your speedo cable so when I slow down or come to a stop, it automatically disengages. It's seamless. I could use automatic mode where it shifts into overdrive on its own (I *think* at 47 mph) but I prefer to shift it myself. Some of my friends who also have it installed only use auto mode.