Quote:

I saw an install on a 70 B body seemed almost trouble free.

I installed one in my 69 RR this Summer. I love it. It was a pretty simple install. My S-60 has 4.30s and with the GV it's a whole new ball game. It's life altering - I went from being that guy stuck in the slow lane to cruising at 65-70 I also raced at 2 events with it, running 10.60-70s, and I didn't even notice it was there.

Most of the possible gotchas in an E body I suspect will be in the tunnel. You may need to use an air hammer and make a little space. The GV people told me you can also safely remove material from the flange on the GV if needed so that's an option. I decided to massage my tunnel with an air hammer. I needed about 1/8 of an inch of clearance in 2 places where the flange touched the top of the tunnel. It took me about 10 minutes to make the needed clearance. That part of the tunnel is covered by the carpet and console in my car so the mods are invisible.

I helped a friend install one in his 67 Impala. THAT was a pain in the budunkus. He had to fabricate a special cross member and beat the snot out of his tunnel. We also had to cut 2 rectangular notches out of a brace in the tunnel. It was much more effort to install it in that Chevy than my car was. Hopefully your E-body will be like mine.

Oh, one other thing... I had a US Car Tool drive shaft loop before the GV. That will not work with the GV installed. So I fabricated a new loop from a Jegs generic loop and used the seat belt bolts (replaced with longer grade 8s) to hold it in place.