Alright... The differential is out (that thing is heavy! I do not look forward to putting it back in!). I found two thrust buttons and a pin in the bottom of the housing. The buttons fit together very loosely. There was a notch in the ion that I opened up a bit with a screwdriver, and now there is much more tension when I put the buttons backs together.

My next step is to out it all back together and try the adjustment with the thrust buttons firmly in place.

A few questions: is there a link to the exact procedure on how to do the adjustment?

What do you guys use for the 8 3/4 gasket? Something from summit, then some RTV or form a gasket?

I installed new axle seals from the local parts store ($15 each, so not cheap ones), and one side already started leaking when I jacked the other side up. Is there a certain brand or website you guys can recommend for axle seals?

In regards to Dr. Diff's comment about the 5 hole adjuster needing to mount 1/8" from housing end... I'll defer to those who know more about this than me (everyone), but I find it hard to believe that Summit would sell a disc brake conversion kit that doesn't work.

Thanks again for the help!

8343992-image.jpg (43 downloads)