Here is the deal on shocks...........ANY shock will work, just boils down to how WELL you want it to work. A cheap shock is a cheap shock and as such, its ability to control the housing or the front end will be limited. Countless people come on here and say they have so and so 90/10s and so and so 50/50s and their car works fine. Well it probably does, but the question is could it work BETTER with better shocks and the answer is likely yes. All boils down to how serious you are about maximizing your combo.

The OP poster has gone to, in some eyes, a ridiculous amount of time and expense to make the car as light as it can be. So to follow that up with just an "ok" shock just doesn't seem to make much sense in the grand scheme. I realize the weight loss deal has probably evolved into a challenge just to see how light it CAN be and that's great, but why not now try and see how good you can make it work. Those are my thoughts.

As I always say, buy the BEST shock you can afford, or are willing to pay for. Now one thing I will say, is that you WON'T get 1k shock performance from a set of $300 shocks, I don't care what these companies claim. You get what you pay for with shocks. Me personally, I would put DA shocks on both sides and probably the "least good" shock I would put on it would be an Afco.

I have seen a lot of talk about the Viking shocks, but I have no experience with them at all. Never seen one. I know their website says their staff is NOT new to shocks and has over 50 years experience, but they don't say who those people are, or where they came from. They do look somewhat similar, at least some of the bodies do, to a Hal or a QA-1 and then others look like Vari-Shocks..........so what does that mean?......probably nothing.

Monte