Quote:

Wouldn't 4.5 x 4.5 make more torque .... Horsepower is tq x rpm right? Is there a head that's gets this combo to 950-1000 ft/lbs range. Then 6400rpm = 1157-1218hp. Don't beat me up, this all just got me thinking. I would think 975 ft/lbs would be better than 883ft/lbs. Then you would have to gear for lower rpm and more wheel speed. There is more to it than head cfm and dyno numbers. Heck I'd hate to see a racetrack full of guys standing around with a set of cylinder heads and dyno sheet.

A 572" B-1 motor that makes 1200hp at 6400 rpm..........damn baby, sign me up for one of them.........LOL!!!

Any yes, there IS more to it than cfm and dyno numbers............but ONE thing is constant. You want to make power, you have to move air and a lot of it. A smaller bore is never going to be condusive to flowing more air with a high flowing cylinder head. Air speed is important, but not at the cost of volume. There has to be a good balance.

As already talked about, the HEMI head has the cfm capability in the head to do this, but to make it flow enough air to make the required power, you will have to spin it to the moon.

Monte