Quote:

Quote:

My list would be Predator....B-1 TS....B-1 PSO.......B1-MC.......B-1.......600-13......572-13......440-1 and then anything else. Might be some debate on the original B-1 vs the 600-13. Also a stretch to call a 440-1 a "race" head as it is common on street cars. I myself would pretty much consider anything less than a 440-1 a street head or street/strip head at best. Just depends on your performance goals and intended use. Just because you have an Edelbrock head on your "race" car, doesn't mean it was designed to be a "race" head.

Likely the LEAST user friendly head of the group is the B-1 TS, as there just are not commonly available parts to make it work correctly. Needs a custom intake and really needs the lifters moved in the block to be optomized

Monte

Half the heads on Monte list I've never heard of Predators, B1, B1 MC and then 440 is what I have heard of and know some folks who have used them, it must be nice to have access to the rest on that list Probally helps to be current on whats out there and how they work

All the B-1s are just the revamping of the head during its run as a Pro-Stock head. You had the Original B-1.......next was the B-1 MC (moved centerline) which allowed a larger intake valve. Next was the B-1 PSO (Pro Stock Option). This is an extreme raised port head but LOOKS just like the MC from the outside, but you pull the valve cover and the runners are RIGHT there. All the valve gear is basically above the VC rail because the roof is raised so much. Next was the B-1 TS(totally serious) and was the last of the REAL Mopar Pro-Stock heads. Good head, but was really no match for the GM DRCE (drag race corporate engine) head. This is NOT an inline wedge head, but a canted and splayed valve head. These heads would have had WAY more potential had they not elected to keep the center exhaust ports paired. They also made a 4.840 and 4.900 bore space version of this head. After the TS, the next Pro-Stock head was the Eicke head. I didn't bother to mention it, because it is just a Big Block Chevy head with a Mopar insignia cast in it, plus they are really rare.

The 572-13 and the 600-13 are INDY inline wedge heads. The 572-13 is the largest port head they make and the 600-13 is designed to go on the 4.840 bore space block that INDY offers. These two heads never lived up to the hype in my opinion, as I still think B-1s are better than either of these.

Somebody mentioned ZEEKER heads. These are the original 440-1s. Loren Zeedyk originally designed the heads and started casting them. Poor castings and likely even poorer business practices, forced him to sell the design to INDY, or it was just taken, depending on who you choose to believe.

FBS......Fred Brewer heads, were supposed to be the next great thing, but that never materialized. As trying to make the heads LOOK like a Mopar head, to keep the purists happy, just limits what you can do to make them better and these also have casting issues and are prone to leak water.

Monte