Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...I just got a pair of road course spindles I'm playing around with....

What features would constitute a road course spindle vs a circle track spindle?

What brand spindle?

Road course spindles are symmetrical/mirror image. Oval spindles usually have different pin heights, steering arm lengths, and different KPI side to side. Optimized to turn left .
I'm not sure who made these spindles? Laughlin maybe?
http://www.laughlin-racing.com/productlist.asp?cid=17
The hub is from Speedway Engineering. I think these were never used at the upper levels of Nascar because the steering arm was not welded to the spindle. First time I've seen a pair that were not welded? A buddy whom I've built a few parts for used these spindles when he raced in the Hooters cup series. They usually used recycled Nascar cars/parts.
At this point the only dimensions carved in stone is the upper control arm mounts and my rim tire combo/pin height ( because I just bought them(18"rims), and am not buying something different! LOL)
Brake combo's , upper and lower ball joint positions, LCA pin height ( If I build my own K-Frame) front steer/rear steer, rack etc.... are all "up for review" My plan is to use a stock lower control arm and torsion bars , but the rest....?
I'll have to see if I can find a different outer bearing (smaller OD) so when I make my hubs I can make the snout smaller so it fits in my wheel.

The price was right..... free so how could I go wrong?

In our local Track Super Late Model division they run/allow a fab spindle like that. Also the Southwest Tour as it used to be called run a fab spindle that was two piece.

Seems like now they tend to run a welded box frame Upright. And run the bigger Wide-5 type Spindle with the two big bearings.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 10/08/14 06:02 PM.