Quote:

Sorry for the hijack MuuMuu but what would you consider low enough Dan?

This is going in my 68 Coronet wagon with a 512/TKO600. Already has your springs out back and some misc goodies up front. I have to go manual to run the Procharger…so hardly a light weight. 245 front tires.

I would suggest you look into something like what we are concocting for Kevin's Dart, so that your under hood space remains unaffected.

For example, My wife's dart at 3150 has manual steering and a 255 front tire. Quite a bit of low speed effort and the feedback can be a bit troublesome for her in tighter mid speed corners, as the caster begins to work, and the steering attempts to straighten on throttle input, steering effort increases drastically. I'm a pretty healthy guy, and event I have to be mindful of it.

In another point, a friends 2500lbs Falcon went through a "engineering overhaul" (he is an aerospace engineer). Being a gorilla of a guy, he figured 8:1 manual would be manageable; after one race he immediately went back to power assist. We all thought it was hilarious, he was WHIPPED and had massive blisters on his hands.

IMO, manual steering is good/great for lightweight, small tire cars (go-karts, Formula F/Vee). Anything bigger than that, and you should be looking to power assisted steering.