Quote:

Larry at Great Bend.

It seems to me that the Projacks kinda violate the spirit of the event. In a way...

But I digress: Call it what you want, he DROVE it the required course and it was WITHIN the rules. If you don't like the Unlimited rules, then don't run the class or watch the coverage. Who cares what it cost him to build the truck?? There are FAT wallets in all forms of motorsports, right? Ever see a high dollar stacker trailer with a pair or Jr. Dragsters inside, being pulled by a $200K toter home?

Besides, there is a class for nearly everyone at DW.

Having said all of that, if were up to ME...I'd absolutely change the rules to minimize the parts switching. Tires? Yes. Center section? Sure. Adding chutes? You betcha. But I put a screeching halt to the fuel system, the cooling system, the doors (WHAT is that all about?), etc...

I would allow trailers, max size though. (I think this is mandated already?) Soon, Larson will be pulling a 40 footer with a machine shop on board a the rate we're going...LOL!

I would also mandate all unlimited entries in Lockdown before each event.

One more: Unless it's an immediate safety issue, NO ONE but the driver and co pilot are allow to touch the vehicle.

Rant over. Discuss...