Quote:

my thought process on this is it is just another form of racing that is spiraling out of control.

piling race tires, doors, pistons, turbos, superchargers, transmissions etc into a trailer and dragging it around is IMO ridiculous.

These guys are working so hard just to prepare to make a run down the track is retarded to me.

I always liked 572Charger's (member here but hasn't been around in a long time) approach, drive it in the gate, straight to the lanes, make a 8.50 pass and drive out.

I wish they would outlaw trailers. James Taylor didn't have one in Two Lane Blacktop and neither should anyone else

I can kinda understand what you are saying. I mean some of these cars are almost like getting to the point of taking a funny car and putting in a strong more driveable supercharged or N20 equipped eng and running 6's or whatever. I mean yes they drive it on the street but it is really just a full blown race car with tags on them. And I understand just how fast we can go with our cars in todays world of power adders and all with the awesome technology we have today. And I can see why a car like that called a street car needs a trailer of tools and maybe parts to follow it around. So I can see what you mean.

It does kinda seem like when is ????????how fast is fast enough to claim the fastest street car ???? I dont know but you will need to be rich and want to claim your street driven car will run atleast 6's I would say ??

I would never have the money or the want to claim I have or even want to have the fastest street car out there.

I gotta admit just running in the 10's in a car I can drive as far as I like or jump in and go get groceries any time at all is fast enough for me and plenty of fun for me and I can carry all the tools and spare parts I need for my 10 second street car in my trunk LoL !

I can really appreciate all the work these guys put in some of these cars called street cars as the work and devotion to run that fast and keep up with the competition is alot of hard work. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 09/17/14 12:00 AM.