Quote:

It will be hard to ONLY make 1300hp with any of those combos.
I have a 500" -1 motor in my turbo car. And a Procharger on my SRT challenger. Both are diffrent animals.
It's hard to choose what type is better.
If you have the $$ and want it running soon then the Procharger is the way to go. It reuses your headers, and comes as a bolt on kit.
If you want to save a little $$ (not much) and can fab up your hot and cold plumbing, and don't mind all the little do dads that go along with a turbo. Then figure out the learning curve of what changes in the tune (everything) then a turbo is pretty neet.
I think if your going to stay carbarated then I would stick with a Procharger. And if your going to use a good stand alone EFI system like Fast or Holley then turbos start to shine.

As for what combo on the street I would go the 4.15 crank combo. Hooking the 4.5 crank could be difficult.

Thank you for your input. I have 2 four link cars and both are capable of big tires. So hooking should not be a problem. I'm looking to drive the car little more on the street but would like to run 5.0 index when I do race.

Doug

MOPAR or NO CAR!!!
1965 Dodge Coronet soon a 6.1 Hemi with a Magnson blower 810 hp on pump gas
1964 Dodge Polara 582" Indy alum Block 426-1RA heads,
1933 Plymouth PE all Steel, LT1 4L60E
1959 Plymouth Savoy 33,000 mile survivor
Old cars are never done. They are ongoing projects!