Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sad to report that after the shim install the cyclic vibration is still there

Ugh

Chris, while you posted your angle findings initially as 3 degrees down on the tranny, and 4.5 degrees up on the pinion, you had some hesitation on those values as being accurate IIRC, have they been confirmed?...if they were, and you installed the 2.5 shims you ordered to rotate the housing nose down, that's still not enough to counter act the transmissions 3 degree down angle, or the pinion's upward 2-4 degree rotation on acceleration, as I posted earlier, among other things to consider are: is the driveshaft facing the correct way, has the balance ever been checked/redone?, condition of the tranny mount? lots of questions/variables to confirm

Mike

Mike the initial readings were 2º down on trans & 4.5º down on rear end (using the example that Robx gave me by putting gauge to 0 the gaps opened up on the bottom...)

The drive shaft was is/new & balanced on 2 separate occasions. Trans mount is/was new also when I started battling this a few years ago.
Not sure what yo mean about the drive shaft "facing" the correct way?

I have not remeasured the angles as of yet.....

Chris, sorry I thought I had read your pinion was 4.5 degrees UP.....ok, so 2 degrees down tranny/4.5 degrees down pinion, IMHO if I was initially setting up the pinion, and the tranny was at 2 degrees down, and I could not effect it's angle with any adjustment, then I would rotate the pinion to 0 degrees in relation to the tranny, so that upon ACCELERATION my pinion would ROTATE UPWARD a minimum of 2 degrees (now matching the transmission parallel plane)to a ROTATIONAL maximum of 4 degrees (now over shooting the transmission parallel) that's when you can use the other guide I posted about driveline vibration based on pinion angle to decide whether more or less pinion angle is needed based on your current base line

FYI regarding the "correct install of the driveshaft" that's in regards to the front/rear orientation of the stock shaft,...the taper goes towards the rear...

Mike

8148229-driveshaft.JPG (55 downloads)