The tuner I am using does a lot of GM late models. He travels from Indianapolis to Florida to tune a lot of quick street cars and track cars. He said he prefers FAST, GM, and the newer Holley system. He tuned on the Charger for much more than 2 hours over a 4 day period and couldn't get it to idle well enough to continue tuning. He called Edelbrock 2 or 3 times and got frustrated with them and the system. I don't remember the terminology about the idle, but Edelbrock said it didn't have it in this ECU because they thought that it was a race car.
We are 40 miles east of Indy. I don't want to take the car to some blowhard that thinks he is a good tuner and get raped for a couple grand and then after it doesn't perform well have to find someone else and do it all over again. I've seen and heard about plenty of BSers in the Auto related fields in my 50 years!
The Distributor seems to have a problem sending reliable signals to the ECU. We've already soldered a new pickup onto the board and now it seems to be acting up again. The noid light is showing irratic injector firing(or no injector firing for many revolutions). I believe this distributor may not be able to take much heat. With the blower mounting plate and the A/C compressor mounting plate and the location of the distributor in a "valley" between these plates and the cylinder head, it may be to hot for this distributor and its circuit board to live for long. With this being the only distributor to use with the edelbrock program, we worry about needing a replacement at 9PM on a sunday 500 miles from home. I think a Lean burn distributor from a 400 using one pickup may be the way to go. Especially since I have many new old stock pickups in hand already. The controller will control the advance. I'm hoping that I won't need to add a crank or cam sensor(less clutter and less work).
At the moment I'm leaning toward the Megasquirt 3-Pro, FAST XFI Sportsman, or the FAST XF2.0! I've seen some others on some tuners forums that are not advertised much in the musclecar arenas such as Haltech, AEM, Electromotive, SDS and others.

Brad

Check out the Dorn's 69 Barracuda "Switchblade" in the Nov.2010 MCG
Check out the Dorn's refurbished 36 Ford in the Feb.2011 Street Rodder