Quote:

I'm all for using mega squirt, I think it's a great system and plan on using it myself when I do my turbo hemi deal.

That being said... what features is the edebrock EFI system lacking that's causing your issue?

It sounds like you just need to take the car to a good tuner and let them work on it.

No one (Megasquirt or otherwise) will be able to provide you with a good tune right off the bat no matter how much information you provide. Each cam/intake/compression/CID combo will be different. Someone needs to run the car, watch it live, and adjust the parameters accordingly to get it dialed in.

Don't give up on it just because one tuner couldn't make it work. Where do you live? Maybe you can find someone in your area that can get the job done right?

As for the distributor... if you really think it's an issue you can use one of these instead. (Same issue though, it's only for an RB so would need to be cut down.)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-77801/overview/make/dodge

Totally agree with this. I've dealt with alot of different systems. They all have a different way of doing things. Tuner guys have preferences. If you have a resource tuner, get the system he prefers.
No system will be tuned trouble free in 2hrs. Locally, the shops around me with "dyno tuning" generally only get the car to idle, then get max power numbers. Alot of these cars end up migrating to me for driveability issues. The edelbrock system you have is a real nice unit when "unlocked" I've only worked with one of these. It's actually an EFI technologies system that's been re-named. It has every capability to do what you want it to do, and much more- as long as it's unlocked. I will admit, it has a very complicated methodology, but once you're over that, it is a very capable high end system.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"