Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In any case I think even if you had a machine shop bush the aluminum case, you would still have a pretty cheap bolt in OD.

Kevin

not by the time you add up the $ cost of all the small parts to make it happen.

I'm not sure I follow.

A rebuild kit from Brewer's is less than $200. You can buy the OD833 all day long for $150-$200 sometimes much less. The only extra cost here is to bush the case which I can't imagine would be more than 2-3 hours tops and most of that to set up the machine. The OD833 is pretty much half the price of a T5 so that goes a long way to pay for the case fix.

All the other so called bolt in options with the exception of 1 vendor don't bolt in and they all cost thousand$ some of them many thousand$.

If you do your own labour you should be able to have a fresh rebuilt trans in the car for around $500-$600 plus whatever it cost to fix the case. If you have to pay somebody I think you still have the trans all new in the car for $1500 +/-, case fix and all. Doesn't sound cheap but compared to the others I think it is and it BOLTS in.

Kevin

by the time you buy a big block bellhousing and a factory clutch pedal, z bar and clutch linkage with new pivots you've already hit 500 bucks. add in the buy in price for the trans, shifter, shift handle, shift linkage, trans rebuild and case bushing, clutch and flywheel, floor hump, new rug for 4sp, you're already at over 1500 in parts probably closer to 2 grand. go price that stuff out. if you have a b body or e body especially that stuff is not cheap! been there, sold my od833 before I put it in because for not that much more money I could have a much nicer od trans. if you already had an 833 in your car sure ya go for it. if you're switching from an auto, not worth it imo. only nice thing about it is it bolts right in.