Personally I wouldn't do it. The T5 has a pretty low torque rating. The biggest plus about a T5 is the fact that they are abundant and fairly cheap. Parts are also readily available. I've gone through two of them in my six cyl. Mustang and they are barely OK there. They tend to be "notchy" and sychros aren't the best even with granny shifting. No doubt they can be made better as some Mustang racers have successfully used them. I believe the drag racers remove 5th. gear to reduce rotating weight. You would probably have to do some modifications to the tailhousing and or the transmission tunnel of the car to make it fit. I have a Tremec TKO in my 'Cuda which is very similar in design and size & shape. Both the tailhousing and the tunnel are modified in order to get it to fit. The TKO is much stronger and shifts much better than the T5's I driven. While the TKO is big improvement over the T5, a good fresh 833 with a properly adjusted Hurst shifter is still faster shifting. The best I can say is that a T5 would be a relatively cheap way to get overdrive IF you able and willing to do the work to make it fit. Of course an overdrive 833 would be the easiest to do if you can find one at reasonable cost.