Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Come on Monte need more details...............

Too funny..............you can argue over some dumb azz street racing show but when I ask you for details about something "real", you clam up............

Our Duster weighed in at 2900 and we were twisting the crap out of our 30 spline Dutchman axles.... and that combo only went a best of 10.91 (trans brake 904). It got a D-60 prior to us going to our W5 engine which was pooched and still ran some 9.8's. When the W8 goes in I'm not worried about the rear.

I broke two gear sets in the Mirada in it's foot brake days (3380 with driver). It got a D-60 when I went to the trans brake, it was also 60ft'ing in the 1.34-1.36 range in optimum conditions.

...and the king of bad days thump. Alot of times when you break the gear on launch it can shock the rear roller clutch and we've all seen what that can do. Happened to a friend of mines 11 second big block challenger... luckily he was able to walk away, but limped for the good part of a year... hunk of the front hub went up under the dash and broke all the gauges, it went in fine fashion. Shield and/or blanket my friend!!

..and thank you Monte and Cass and all the others that have chipped in technical info on this subject. Some laugh and scoff at it, others have been down the "been there...done that" path..... and I'm sure alot of us lived in a day where and "performance upgrade" was grabbing a set of 4.10's out of a junk yard!

Again, guess luck(if u believe it that)has been on my side as I too run 30 spline dutchman axles and am goin way quicker than the 2900 lb. duster at 3200+ lbs. so I`ll run w/that for now and plan on a D-60 if I decide to race again but at this point I need tons of stuff like cage, billet drum rear etc. And I`m not taking this lightly at all and the concerns are real and for that I am greatfull...........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....