Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wont read the whole thread, but its really silly to build anything beyond, say, 300 horse with a 8-3/4..

MB

I found a way to make 300 hp go 9.79 @ 135+ and still live.........secret. I carefully polish my pinion shaft..............

Yep..

And some people say that they have banged a hundred street hookers and never got an STD....

Still dont make it sensible..

MB

Never banged a hooker unlike some but the polishing of the pinion shaft relieves all stress rizerz...........

All kiddin aside.

I do a fair amount of diff work, and leaving the restoration jobs out of the discussion for a moment, when I price up a quality 8-3/4 build, that includes sandblasting and refinishing the housings, the axles/bearings, etc..it just never makes sense to go with the 8-3/4...

Now, I know I dont get the same type of cost break that someone like Cass gets, but I just cant work the numbers where it makes sense..

Youll wind up with something that uses original casings and isnt going to be nearly as strong on its best day.

In comparison, the fully assembled NEW S60 or what Cass offers in a redo of a truck unit is just seemingly a no brainer..

I do respect those that want to show how they can get the most out of low buck stuff...I just dont operate that way..

MB