Quote:

What the car 60fts and really, even what it weighs is of no consequence as to whether you will break the rear or not. WHAT matters is how well you stick the tire and how much torque it makes. If you make torque AND stick the tire, the case and pinion flexes as the pinion tries to climb the ring gear. This flex pulls the pinion gear away from the ring gear and it shears teeth. A back brace keeps you from bending the axle tubes, but does ZERO to address the chunk or pinion flex. Breaking caps, is a result of the other stuff moving around. Good caps may make the gear set last longer, but still does NOT address the problem. Even if you have a better case, such as the alum MP unit, the pinion stem is still too small. Bottom line, you are NOT going to "fix" the weakness in the 8.75, I don't care how much money you spend on it. The design is just inferior to other rears. If you make power and halfway stick the tire, you WILL break it.

As for gears, Motive bought out Richmond and all the gears are made in Italy and are actually a better quality of steel than before

Monte

Guess I`m not making enuff power to kill mine which is probably a blessing and 1.36 60`s are helping also I guess. Been adding up parts and prices and the 9" can get stupid expensive in a hurry so when I can I`m ordering a complete Dana-60 from Dr. Diff...........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....