Quote:

Quote:

Use ARP or stock head bolts. Use head studs and you will blow head gaskets.

I'd like to hear some logic behind that one. It flies in the face of common top engine builders best practices throughout the country.

Also, in my opinion a lot of the reason yours has lasted a long time is the fact that it's only got 28 degree's of timing in it.

Cylinder pressure early in the cycle puts an enormus stress on parts (and worse yet if it's detonating.) Remember if it's got a lot of cylinder pressure at TDC (or near it), it's trying harder to push the crank out the bottom of the block then it is trying to turn it!

bback when I was running the old 366 I would blow a head gasket once in a while using stock head bolts,switched over to ARP head bolts and problem went away, my opinion is the stock head bolts are too soft and will stretch too much under pressure, my opinion is use a good quality ARP head bolt at the very least on a cast iron head and head stud's on aluminim heads.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.