Quote:

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify...The stuff we sell is the real deal. I bought out an old PPG jobber local to my town that had boxes and boxes of unopened bases,toners and additives dating from the 50's-70's. The paint shop closed in 1979, so nothing is newer than that.

We are very low on the additive, we have sold it to many many people over the last few years, but its about gone.

If you are getting too much gloss or too rough texture, it is most definately an application issue. If you use too much pressure it will make the additive stand up causing a rougher finish. If you spray it too wet and don't allow enough time between coats, it will gloss up. The key is light coats, low pressure to get the perfect suede "fuzzy" feeling.

Any original sample is not really a perfect reference due to the way lacquer breaks down and degrades simply with time, not to mention other outside forces.

Any questions, please call the shop. 401-267-0055

Thanks
Mike

I was just at Mike's shop to drop off a gauge cluster for restoration and got to see a few complete dash's that were ready to be shipped out. The complete assemblies that I saw were absolutely beautiful and the texture looked perfect.

1970 Challenger T/A 4 speed