Moparts

dash "suede" paint ??

Posted By: Stanton

dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/23/13 04:09 PM

Who sells the correct "suede" finish that's used on the top and front of the dash?
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/23/13 04:16 PM

The best match I've seen, available in all interior colors.

Attached picture 7933639-KolorKorrect.jpg
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/23/13 04:48 PM

Just a littler side note. On my dash the ash tray, and if I remember the glove door is a different shade than the rest of the dash. I guess cause they were painted separate. Remember, stuff wasn't perfect from the factory.
Posted By: RichL1967

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 05:55 AM

I got my dash paint from Instrument Specialties.
Very happy with the results.

http://www.instrument-specialties.com/products/
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:00 AM

Quote:

Just a littler side note. On my dash the ash tray, and if I remember the glove door is a different shade than the rest of the dash. I guess cause they were painted separate. Remember, stuff wasn't perfect from the factory.

There is really no reason for those parts to be different shades? I definitely would not restore my dash and expect it to have different shades unless someone made a mistake.
You need to paint all the pieces at the same time with the same paint? I'm glad my blue dash all looks the same shade or I'd have to pull it out and get it repainted!

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:34 AM

I was pointing that out. My dash has never been touch. The parts were painted separately and then assembled, so you could have had two different batches of paint in the factory.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:42 AM

Quote:

I tried theirs as well but the texture was way to strong as compared to my original samples. To be fair it might have been an application issue on my part but I did follow the directions to the letter......Twice.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:50 AM

I had a quart of the correct Laquer mixed by a PPG jobber a few years ago.
there are a couple of on-line suppliers of Laquer..

Attached picture 7934502-PICT2749.jpg
Posted By: Commando1

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 12:45 PM

Quote:

$165.00 a PINT???
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 02:48 PM

Is your dash black? If so, I tried various paints but eventually went with powder coating. I felt that the Tiger black matte fine texture was an exact match to my original dash frame. My local coater blasted and coated my frame, glove box door and ash tray door for $65. It looks sexy!
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 05:51 PM

I disagree with Scott on this one, The paint that Mike sells IS the paint that was used.

PPG Suede.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 05:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There is really no reason for those parts to be different shades? I definitely would not restore my dash and expect it to have different shades unless someone made a mistake.
You need to paint all the pieces at the same time with the same paint? I'm glad my blue dash all looks the same shade or I'd have to pull it out and get it repainted!

In an OEM application, blue was perhaps one of the most "mismatched" color shades when it came to "original" cars having a "uniform" color application...I do agree it looks nice when the dash components are of a uniform shade/hue, but in reality, the dashes, even in black, had variations in shade/sheen/hue/etc...esp E bodies, but it was apparent with all the Chrysler lines to varing degrees...
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 05:59 PM

When you look closely, there are differences in shading and texture on many of the individual components making up the dash and steering column. I would guess that Mopar had intended that the items all match, but different vendors or different batches of paint meant that the results were something different.

Now whether the OP wants to be "as delivered correct" or wants it to all match is up to him.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:32 PM

Quote:

I disagree with Scott on this one, The paint that Mike sells IS the paint that was used.

Was used on what?

Keep in mind that I have 4 original paint duster dash assemblies in my stash, the paint I got from Mike doesn't match the original texture on any of them, Mikes had WAY too much texture (so much that it snags microfiber from a cloth when wiped). Keep in mind, it may not be the paint but rather the way it was applied, as I stated above, it could have been my application technique, but as mentioned I tried it twice and got the same results both times.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:47 PM

How old is that original paint? 43 years old?
I don't think my paint has too much texture but I don't have anything to compare it to either?

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 06:51 PM

Quote:

How old is that original paint? 43 years old?

Yes, but all 4 of my originals look very similar to one another and short of some obvious exposed surfaces, there are many hidden out of reach areas that show zero wear. Those hidden areas don't look any different than the higher exposure areas other than some slight sun fading, as compared to the newly sprayed dash the texture on the 4 originals is much finer and even throughout regardless of exposure.
Posted By: azblackhemi

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I tried theirs as well but the texture was way to strong as compared to my original samples. To be fair it might have been an application issue on my part but I did follow the directions to the letter......Twice.

I agree with Scott, when I use PPG's lacquer I have them leave out the suede additive because it is much too gritty with it. Without the suede it still has a little texture that seems just about right.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 07:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I tried theirs as well but the texture was way to strong as compared to my original samples.

I agree. No matter how much you reduce it, the texture is still too heavy/grainy. It didn't match my Road Runner dash or my Duster dash as far as texture goes. Both still had original paint on them.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 07:08 PM

Quote:

$165.00 a PINT???

Also not cheap

Instrument Specialties Paint $105.00 Plus shipping

I like Mike, think he does awesome work and offers excellent products, however, I am suspect of the accuracy of this paint. Just being as objective as possible.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 07:29 PM

I talked a buddy of mine into using this paint for his 67 R/T, he made the same comment that there is a lot more texture than factory.
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 07:30 PM

harms, can you post a closeup pic or two of your original.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 08:03 PM

Tough to show in pics (fine detail, black background, etc.) but I think these will depict what I'm seeing.

Area shown is the part covered by the dash pad, same distance (very close) same area of the dash, and same lighting and same approx. camera angle used in both pics.

First, the original

Attached picture 7934983-OriginalDashPaint.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 08:04 PM

Instrument Specialties paint

Attached picture 7934985-ISDashpaint.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 08:07 PM

It seems that the original paint has a wrinkled appearance but no noticeable texture additive (like sand, etc.). Mikes paint seems to have grit in it not seen in the original, and it's also got way more gloss in it.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 08:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

$165.00 a PINT???

I paid $85 a pint for the same stuff from a local PPG supplier 3 years ago. It is not available at any price from the same place as they dumped lacquer. I wish I had bought more. They do still sell DDL thinner tho.

Craig
Posted By: 469runner

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/24/13 11:19 PM

Dave at Performance Car Graphics can set you up. He has the paint custom mixed for customers and offers concise directions for achieving the correct texture with the use of undercoats.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 12:50 AM

Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 12:35 PM

Quote:

When you look closely, there are differences in shading and texture on many of the individual components making up the dash and steering column. I would guess that Mopar had intended that the items all match, but different vendors or different batches of paint meant that the results were something different.

Now whether the OP wants to be "as delivered correct" or wants it to all match is up to him.

I'm not so sure it wasn't intentional. I saw an interior that the owner had redyed everything but the seats with the same shade of black. When you looked at it there was something that just didn't look right.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 02:37 PM

Quote:

Is your dash black? If so, I tried various paints but eventually went with powder coating. I felt that the Tiger black matte fine texture was an exact match to my original dash frame. My local coater blasted and coated my frame, glove box door and ash tray door for $65. It looks sexy!

Well, you have our attention, how about a photo?

Thanks!
Posted By: Choppintime

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 02:39 PM

Is the dash "suede' the same as 5x8 on interior upper/lower doors? Like to find correct formula for my 5x8 door interior.
Posted By: A12

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 03:52 PM

IMO the dash is "eggshell" not suede
Posted By: burdar

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 04:27 PM

I had two cans of textured Rustoleum sitting on a shelf so I did a test spray yesterday. I sprayed the heavy texture and then top coated it with SEM trim black. It looks like the second pic Scott posted...way too much texture. The "fine" texture looks very promising. I only got a small section sprayed before the can clogged up but it matches an untouched section of my 68 Dart dash frame. I'll have to get another can and do a better test.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 05:05 PM

I tried to duplicate the suede finish with Rustoleum trim paint and textured paint but I couldn't get a consistent finish. I don't have a close up of the dash frame but I can post one later this evening. This is a pic of the assembly complete.

Attached picture 7935968-PICT2069_fixed.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 06:33 PM

Quote:

IMO the dash is "eggshell" not suede

The FSM calls it "suede" and the additive was also called the same back in the day. I have a 7 oz. spray bomb that I had made back in the early '80's and have never used it. Not sure if it'll even spray now and its probably not enough to do a full dash anyway but it'll be a good sample if I need it.
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/25/13 10:39 PM

the suede paint is still available, suede was applied in a light mist. Most guys apply it to heavy, I do only because my clients drive there cars more frequently.
Posted By: YYZ

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 01:29 AM

I have some of the PPG suede lacquer and correct thinners on hand in the GTA

Should have at least a quart of black and may have some white as well

It is no longer readily available on this side of the border
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 01:49 AM

Anybody tried this stuff?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...bvm=bv.57155469
Posted By: cdp

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 01:56 AM

http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/

I've had good luck and was happy with the outcome on my a12 with the Suade black I bought from TCP.

not the greatest picture, but finished product less the cat hair.

Attached picture 7936479-A12_dash_resto_002.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 03:29 AM

Here are some close up pics of my dash frame. It is a nice textured matt finish that the cloth does not catch on when dusting.

Attached picture 7936632-dash.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 03:30 AM

and here...

Attached picture 7936635-download.jpg
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 05:23 AM

That looks awesome, FJR doc.

And $65.00? Well done.

Gonna write that one down in my little resto notebook, thanks for the tip.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 07:07 PM

Quote:

That looks awesome, FJR doc.

And $65.00? Well done.

Gonna write that one down in my little resto notebook, thanks for the tip.

YUP!

That looks AWESOME! Nice job!

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/26/13 07:39 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys. C&C powdercoating (717.738.1240) in Ephrata, PA do a great job at a reasonable coast. I would recommend them highly.Even though they had to order the correct powder, they only charged me for what they needed to do my job.
Posted By: demon

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 02:28 AM

I recommend everyone look closely at their dash parts. Especially at the back sides and hidden areas before stripping the paint. Most B and E body dashes are definitley textured suede. BUT! I have several A bodies in my personal collection and have restored many Over the last 25 years and for some reason, some A bodies used regular flat lacquer that is not textured. My own 71 Demon 340 black dash is not textured yet the 69 Barracuda I'm doing is textured black.
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 03:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify...The stuff we sell is the real deal. I bought out an old PPG jobber local to my town that had boxes and boxes of unopened bases,toners and additives dating from the 50's-70's. The paint shop closed in 1979, so nothing is newer than that.

We are very low on the additive, we have sold it to many many people over the last few years, but its about gone.

If you are getting too much gloss or too rough texture, it is most definately an application issue. If you use too much pressure it will make the additive stand up causing a rougher finish. If you spray it too wet and don't allow enough time between coats, it will gloss up. The key is light coats, low pressure to get the perfect suede "fuzzy" feeling.

Any original sample is not really a perfect reference due to the way lacquer breaks down and degrades simply with time, not to mention other outside forces.

Any questions, please call the shop. 401-267-0055

Thanks
Mike
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 03:33 AM

Quote:

I too did powdercoating, dash, steering column, ash tray for less than $100, finish is perfect and way more durable than paint, I have no clue why people mess with a paint that is a crapshoot at best

Attached picture 7937783-image.jpg
Posted By: BigDaddy440

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 09:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I tried theirs as well but the texture was way to strong as compared to my original samples.

I agree. No matter how much you reduce it, the texture is still too heavy/grainy. It didn't match my Road Runner dash or my Duster dash as far as texture goes. Both still had original paint on them.

Yup, same here. I paid the big bucks for this product, and plan to repaint it before installing. It's way too gritty, and catches a lot of lent when wiping it down. Not happy at all.
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 02:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, same here. I paid the big bucks for this product, and plan to repaint it before installing. It's way too gritty, and catches a lot of lent when wiping it down. Not happy at all.

I used it and it is perfect! Like Mike said you gotta know how to shoot it correctly. AND by the way I can always tell when someone powdercoats a dash it is not factory in appearance. Can't get any closer to factory original than using the original paint with the original formula. It isn't that hard to shoot if you know what you are doing.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 02:57 PM

I also used Mikes stuff on the Daytona just recently and had good results. You can't spray it like you would outside panels for a good finish.
Posted By: steve70

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 04:00 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify...The stuff we sell is the real deal. I bought out an old PPG jobber local to my town that had boxes and boxes of unopened bases,toners and additives dating from the 50's-70's. The paint shop closed in 1979, so nothing is newer than that.

We are very low on the additive, we have sold it to many many people over the last few years, but its about gone.

If you are getting too much gloss or too rough texture, it is most definately an application issue. If you use too much pressure it will make the additive stand up causing a rougher finish. If you spray it too wet and don't allow enough time between coats, it will gloss up. The key is light coats, low pressure to get the perfect suede "fuzzy" feeling.

Any original sample is not really a perfect reference due to the way lacquer breaks down and degrades simply with time, not to mention other outside forces.

Thanks
Mike

I was just at Mike's shop to drop off a gauge cluster for restoration and got to see a few complete dash's that were ready to be shipped out. The complete assemblies that I saw were absolutely beautiful and the texture looked perfect.
Posted By: gygeneral

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 04:44 PM

When I did my 71RR dash, my local powder coater found a paint that matched up really close to the texture on the plastic ash tray cover from the same dash.

Attached picture 7938198-DSC04570.JPG

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 06:26 PM

I have no doubt that one can duplicate the suede texture with paint. However, there are many variables that can affect the final appearance. I'm not a paint and body guy and I'm sure that I could have spent a lot more money on supplies and invested time trying to paint the frame myself. Powdercoating is not original but it is very reasonable, durable and uniform in appearance.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 06:38 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mike

Thanks for posting Mike, as I said, it might have been an application technique issue and not your product. I still have leftover paint and a couple dashes to shoot, could you offer some tips on getting it right so I don't waste more material? Specific gun pressure, room temperature, spray distance, etc. that might help?

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 06:43 PM

Get the paint wrong - easily strip it off and redo it. Get the powder wrong and its a whole different ballgame!

I my case and probably others as well, there is rust in the top corners which is not severe enough to cut out but enough to need a skim coat of bondo. This means powder is not an option as it won't adhere to the bondo. Also, doing an ashtray you only want the door done, not the tray itself. Unless you pop it apart and re-rivet it you're pretty much dinked there as well.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 07:30 PM

Quote:

Get the paint wrong - easily strip it off and redo it. Get the powder wrong and its a whole different ballgame!

I my case and probably others as well, there is rust in the top corners which is not severe enough to cut out but enough to need a skim coat of bondo. This means powder is not an option as it won't adhere to the bondo. Also, doing an ashtray you only want the door done, not the tray itself. Unless you pop it apart and re-rivet it you're pretty much dinked there as well.

Not true in the ash tray, they just mask it off with special high temp tape.

My metal is perfect so powdercoating is the ticket, if my was rusty and had bondo I too would have had to use paint.

Attached picture 7938364-image.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 07:44 PM

AZ A12 Bee I would love to see an up close side shot of your dash.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 08:20 PM

Quote:

Mike, which angle do you want?

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 09:30 PM

Quote:

Hopefully this helps

Attached picture 7938464-image.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 09:30 PM

Another

Attached picture 7938466-image.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 09:31 PM

Last

Attached picture 7938467-image.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 09:45 PM

Thanks for shedding some light on the thread Mike!

I was starting to feel foolish for using the correct paint.
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/27/13 10:23 PM

Scott,

What gun are you using and what size tip?

Thanks
Mike

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 01:38 AM

Mind if I throw another little did bit, or maybe just let Mike comment on it. Seems like everybody wants a factory job, but we are all trying to do it perfectly. Maybe it should be done a little more hap hazard like they did at the factory, to get a more realistic look.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 01:41 AM

Quote:

Mind if I throw another little did bit, or maybe just let Mike comment on it. Seems like everybody wants a factory job, but we are all trying to do it perfectly. Maybe it should be done a little more hap hazard like they did at the factory, to get a more realistic look.

Not really IMO

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 02:26 AM

What a Richard Cranium. Keep the change.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 02:47 AM

Quote:

What a Richard Cranium. Keep the change.

Thanks But I have my opinion too and I just don't get why some think that ALL AMERICAN production line workers back then were either drunk, high or both and always did a $#!T quality job?? Why then do we try to make it as nice as we know it was when we took the part off to do a restoration? I see more runs and flaws on a car AFTER it was restored than before. Maybe the car you bought new back in '69 or '70 was built like a piece of cr@p and that's why you have YOUR opinion...mine wasn't. Thanks again for the comp.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 03:19 AM

Quote:

Scott,

What gun are you using and what size tip?

Thanks
Mike

I'll post it later, not sure right now.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 03:40 AM

I apologize.I didn't mean anything against the workers on the line. But, when we try to replicate the way they did it means they didn't have time to do a perfect job, it was hurry up and get it out the door in most cases.Thats what I meant about the ash tray and glove door being a different shade. They were painted, and then assembled somewhere else than the dash frame. I just wanted people to be aware of that in case they were wanting to do a dash as close to original as possible. Shoot, I've owned my car since 1974, and didn't even notice it till last year.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 03:54 AM

No apology necessary, it’s tough to always read into words what is really trying to be said or meant

Back to the eggshell thread.....I mean suede

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 05:26 AM

I painted mine with the correct Lacquer,
I used my old school Binks #7 gun, and I still prefer to spray Lacquer..just hard to find..
Use quailty thinner, not the hardware store stuff, spray it on in thin but wet coats..3 coats should do it.
It has been about 4 years, but I think I thinned it about 1 to 1 to get good results. The Binks 7 is more like a garden hose than current guns..
I also painted the steering column on a different day with the same paint.

Attached picture 7938978-PICT2535.jpg
Posted By: MarkMcDonald

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 03:20 PM

I did the powder coating thing in my 69 RR and it looks great and correct! I tried painting it several times and had problems getting that correct look and texture.
Posted By: floyd

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 03:52 PM

For those who have powder coated, what coating did they use? FJR Doc used "Tiger black matte fine texture".

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/28/13 05:33 PM

Quote:

I used my old school Binks #7 gun, and I still prefer to spray Lacquer..just hard to find..
Use quailty thinner, not the hardware store stuff, spray it on in thin but wet coats..3 coats should do it.
It has been about 4 years, but I think I thinned it about 1 to 1 to get good results. The Binks 7 is more like a garden hose than current guns..

That ol #7 was a Cadillac in its day! Mine is 31 years old and still looks and sprays like new!
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/29/13 02:24 AM

Talk about a dilemma. I bought a new black ashtray for a 70 E-body back in the late 70's, I've saved it all these years and want to use it in my Challenger. The last thing I want to do is repaint it with the dash...

Sheldon

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 11/29/13 03:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That ol #7 was a Cadillac in its day! Mine is 31 years old and still looks and sprays like new!

I live local to the original Binks manufacturing plant, and was able to buy it direct from an employee, it is a sweet gun... puts out a whole lot of paint...nicely... here is a 69 Charger I just painted..
base/ clear PPG DBC..

Attached picture 7939968-PICT1005.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 12/02/13 05:08 PM

Here is an up close shot of my dash after using the original paint from Mike Mancini's. Shot at 50 on air pressure with a gravity feed gun. Buy the way I was able to shoot two dashes and steering columns and accessories with the one can of paint. I still have a little left in case of an emergency.

Attached picture 7944186-Dashoriginalpaint.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 12/03/13 01:57 AM

That looks great !

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 12/03/13 03:12 AM

That looks great. If you were closer I'd ask you to do mine !!!!
Posted By: sixty9redgtx

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 12/03/13 03:17 AM

I used an old company called mopaints, not sure if they are still around. I am very happy with the way the dash and window trim turned out using their paint. My was R6 regatta red. It's got a nice texture to it and the color matched real well to the rest of my interior.

Attached picture 7944835-image.jpg

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 12/04/13 07:22 PM

Ok Mike, found the notes on how it was sprayed.

Type gun-Sata Mini Jet hvlp
Tip size-1.0
Pressure-28lbs
3 light coats (it was only coated enough for full coverage, not piled on thick at all)

I have an idea Mike, why don't you do a spray out card for me that shows the desired result, send it out and I'll see how it matches up to my dash and see if I can match it with spray technique.
Posted By: CdnValiant

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/19/16 06:27 AM

Hey guys...I'm reactivating this thread as its right on topic for what I'm currently doing. I have changed from column shift column to a floor shift column, and need to repaint the new column to match my interior in my '67 Dart. The color is Lucite 9349LH, "Copper Brown Metallic", a '67-only color. I'm in Canada, and would like to get the correct color and texture paint. Can anyone give me any links that would work for me?

Thanks
Posted By: steve70

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/19/16 01:47 PM

Contact http://www.instrument-specialties.com/ in RI. Hopefully they will have the color you need.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/19/16 03:20 PM

There's a guy in Canada who sells all those finishes in spray bombs. I'll dig out the info and post later.

Where are YOU located?
Posted By: YYZ

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/19/16 03:57 PM

I have some NOS suede paint in Ontario along with the correct thinner.

IIRC about a quart of black and some of the low-gloss white.

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/19/16 10:42 PM

So if ya mix black and white do ya get "copper brown metallic" ?!?!?

;-)

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/20/16 03:24 AM

Email: OldSchoolAuto@rogers.com

The guy is in Ottawa.
Posted By: drgordi

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 04/29/16 08:43 AM

Kolor Korrect is where I got mine from it seems some have had a problem getting the product. But I got my red suede within a couple of weeks and was an exact match. just my experience was great.
Posted By: CdnValiant

Re: dash "suede" paint ?? - 05/03/16 07:34 AM

I'm in BC. Thanks for all the replys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums