Quote:

Quote:

Had this issue with my 67 coronet w/ a 440.. There are all sorts of differences from year to year and pump to pump..

My lower two groove pulley ( on the crank/damper) had rusted in two when I was rebuilding it.. NONE of the pulleys lined up. Seems as if this was a 1 yr only thing? and was appx 1/8" shorter in height than all of the other pulleys in the world.. Randy, 1wildRT helped me out with one he had...

Same with the PS pump. Lost mine somehow ( car was apart for 18 years) and the TRW pump it came with had two different sizes ( small block/bigblock?? ) not only in pump diameter but pulley distance from the main body.. Only way I finally got mine to work was going through a barrel of old pumps at Wildcat Automotive with a tape measure.
I can't imagine tryng to upgrade or change to a different model pump after what I went through.....

Thanks for all the reassurance! Ha!

I just ordered a compressor and bracket. My plan is to set it up as a factory a/c setup with 4 groove pulley on the crank, and single groove water pump pulley utilizing the idler pulley. I'm going to try and get everything mocked up except for the pump. If everything looks good, i'm gonna shave a little off the water pump housing to get the pump in line. Later if i need to change pumps, i'll just use spacers to get it in it's location. Currently i can't adjust it far enough back before the power steering bracket bottoms out on the water pump housing.

Just letting you know that people on here telling you its bolt up are incorrect.. Maybe some of the aftermarket ( Jerry) systems would be....