Hey Don,
The video is the second time out. First pass was an easy one to see if the car would go straight? A really pitiful burnout. Next pass a little faster to see how it drives and will it stop? Another bad burnout. Third pass a little harder (6.43 @ 107.9) and the engine was very hot! It turns out I had been sold the wrong head-gaskets for the World block.It blocked off three water passages per head. To make matters worse I had antifreeze in the oil! So, I pulled the engine, replaced the rod bearings, ordered new Cometic gaskets as they are special order only.
I have to say that Rich Nedball (author of How to build Hemi) was a big help in getting the right gaskets. He has helped me on several occasions , by email.
So the burnout that you see was an effort to finally get it right!!! My Buddies were telling me to do a better burnout. I told them I could and I would! LOL
After this pass the fuel pump ceased right after I got the time slip, and we were finished for the night after only 1 pass. I have purchased and installed a new pump, and I think we may get back out there this week. I need to be more careful to get the car into the "groove" next time. As I don't care for the spinning and drifting at all! LOL

Mark

Last edited by Hemi Allstate; 09/24/13 08:44 PM.

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019