Quote:

mark, those baffels you pulled from your headers, were they "auger" or "screw" style like the circle track guys use ? what are you using now for mufflers ?

Eric,
I was using Car Chemistry baffles.
http://www.jegs.com/v/Car-Chemistry/176
I bought them without doing proper research outside of their advertising. Most Moparts guys do not like them at all. They say that they will slow a car 1-3 tenths, and that is all they are good for! In all fairness, I have to say that I had mine inside the collector and I knew that was a bad idea.It probably prevented proper scavenging in the collector. Funny thing the exhaust looked lean with them in, and a little rich with them out. This is backwards from what I would think would happen.
The car did pick up almost three tenths with them removed and very little other change was made. I retarded the timing from 35* to 32*.
So now, I do not have anything to quiet it down with, and a system that doesn't allow any options at this time. Guess I will just be noisy!
Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019