Quote:

Way to go Mark! How does it feel to be back on the track after so many years? Whats it take to get the license you'll need? Congrats! That car is awesome!

Hey Arno,
Man it is a real hoot!!! LOL I admit to being very nervous this time as I intended to make a decent pass, and I knew the engine was stronger than before. Also, the guys were on me about not doing a good burnout, and I was determined to do a better job of that!
I am making rookie mistakes all the time. I did a big burnout, but failed to get the car in the groove and so it spun pretty bad in first and headed for the right side wall in a slow curve / drift. I am most afraid of tearing it up after all these years and that makes me a little edgy. My 60 ft time did not match the ET or MPH due to the spinning. It is a very exciting ride though, and I am not used to it by a long shot!
I have my license papers from the NHRA filled out by my DR. after I had a physical, and because I am over 55 I had to get an EKG too. Plus all the fire proof suite, and neck brace. Now I have to make 6 runs the way they tell me too. NHRA says 2 hole shots, 2 half passes and 2 passes faster than a 6.39 ET. Then the track owner, and two other licensed drivers have to sign my papers before I send them to the NHRA with my money.
I really just want to get the license as a " Bucket List Thing" . I am not fooling myself into thinking I am going to win a lot of rounds in competition. I am just trying to see what the Ol Car can I can do, as far as ET and MPH. It is not set on kill at all at this time. The carb is too small for the engine.
Thanks for the complement Arno,
Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019