Quote:

Quote:

If the trans was acting up when cold & straightened out when hot or if I became convinced that cold fluid was shortening its life over the long run but if using the rad cooler for the heat benefit is the way to go I will go with that as you are the man

Ask any fluid supplier and they'll tell you that the ideal minimum fluid temperature is 160°F...there is zero benefit to running it any cooler.

I had a Cyberdyne digital trans temperature guage on my 1998 CTD 2500 Ram with the towing package, the tranny temps. never exceeded 130 F, normally cooler than that , when not towing, summer or winter in the Mojave deserts It would get up to 220 F when towing up a long grade(18 mile long Baker grade going to Las Vegas) at 70 MPH with the enclosed car trailer loaded to 8200 Lbs with the race car in it, I would lock it out of overdrive at the bottom of the hill and unlocked once it went over the top of the grade The tranny temps would go back down to 160 F in around five miles of coasting down that hill or on the flats when towing in the summer heat, 117 F outside air temps at 3.00 PM in Baker,CA in July and August

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)