Quote:

In the last 2 weeks I have been fighting a similar problem with the 383 in my 65 Newport. Runs great for 20-25 minutes until it warms up good and then dies when I pull up to a light, slow down to turn, etc. I replaced my 1405 Eddy with a NIB 1405 after fooling with the 1st one, I pulled the intake and blocked the heat ports since I don't need them (trying cool the bottom of carb). A friend suggested that I may have a problem with the electronic ignition swap that I did recently so I tried a new distributor. I ended up dropping my original points distributor in and it runs great. I am guessing that I have either a loose wire or bad box but now that its running good, I will mess with it during winter storage. Just saying that you are not alone and goofy things happen. btw, I am running E-10 with a stock fuel pump and my first thought was that it was vapor locking.

Interesting that this fixed itself with a distributor change. how old is that distributor ? IS it an OLD Chrysler unit or the new mallory unit ?