As disclosed in the past, I'm am no mechanic.
I have a rebuilt stock 71 340 with a Harms built thermoquad. I just got the car running mint and it has about 600 miles on it now. The last two times I drove it, it starts up and runs perfect until it get hot then it does not want to idle in drive. It will stall at red lights if I don't put the car in neutral. It starts right back up but I have to hurry up and rev it up and throw it into gear to get it to take off with out stalling. Tonight, I tried to raise up the idle a bit cause I thought it was a little low (about 700 in neutral). I was doing this after driving it home from a cruise (running for about 25 minutes).
I raised the neutral idle as far as I could with the idle screw (about 840) and after that the car wants to stall every time I put it in gear. The car was running another 10 minutes or so while I adjusted the idle so it was pretty warm at this point. It also now seemed to be loading up a bit like it was choking out. (even in neutral) This is the first time it has acted like this since I got it running good.
Any ideas on what could be going on? I will have to get my mechanic to look at it but I am trying to learn as I go so I always start here.
You guys rock. As always, thanks for any help..
Scott

2016 Diesel Ram 3500 Mason Dump
1971 Challenger
2013 Jeep Wrangler
1979 Dodge Ram Power Wagon 400 Mini Pumper
My other car is a Fire Truck.