Jim
Just to make sure you have the correct info.
The Indy Maxx block will except standard oil pan pattern without modification. Standard gaskets was used on my block.
No question the strength of the Indy Maxx block has bottom end strength...Anyone who has pulled main caps on these thing can attest.
No way those main caps can go anywhere. Even with the bolts out as strong as I am, i cannot pull a main cap using my hands.
I used a slide hammer to remove those.
Now this World Block looks stronger, but the main caps come out easy. Of coarse this is just a iron block, but still.
I dont see a problem with either making up to 1200 hp.
I mean It shouldn't be a question of strength for our engines, unless we run NOS, most dont have the heads to support that kind of power.

So whats the availability of the KB block now? In my case a KB block would have been the same amount of money in the end.
When I was told by Ken Black the wait would be 3-5 month for a block. I just couldnt wait that long.
Anyways as far as cost goes. This World block was cheaper to correct in the end.
The Indy Maxx block was $4300 or so, which came rough bore, and decks.
It took a good bit of work to be washed and ready for assembly.
Best Machine finished this block for me, and the final bill was about $1100.
Now the price diff between the KB and Indy was minimal.
This World block was finished rather OK over all.
The bores needed honed of coarse for piston fit. The decks were square, but I milled those to get my desired compression ratio.
I had two main bores that were not perfect. Again some might have ran it, but I choose to hone the mains to make them perfect as possible.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]