Quote:

it releases the 3 qt. any time the engine oil presure drops

umm, you'll need to tell me how all the 3 quarts is going to be released out of the accusump when released. i've done lots of pressure testing using water, you fill to the top with water then squeeze more water on top till the required pressure is obtained. when you release the pressure, only the extra water that was required to reach the pressure escapes which in say 3 quarts might be 1/2 a quart extra to make 80 psi. now i know we're referring to oil here but the characteristics will be the same. you will not get the 3 quart capacity of the accusump escaping into the pressurised oil system unless there's something else to displace the oil in the accusump, you'll be lucky to get 1/2 a quart at the most, depending on the system pressure. if the accusump was pressurised by a gas then you'll get more oil out of the accusump but since from what i can understand, you pressurise an accusump with oil pressure by giving the engine some rpm & then closing the valve. maybe i need to clean my glasses but i'm not seeing it. all i can see is a brief period of extra pressure but not an extra 3 quarts majicly entering the oil system.