The past two days have been rough but we got through them. Owen looked great...he looked peaceful. The funeral home did a great job with him. I've seen people who didn't look like themselves...Owen looked like the little boy I'll always remember.

My brother recorded himself singing "My Grandfather's Clock"(Owen's favorite bed time song I used to sing him)and it was played at the funeral. Somehow my sister was able to stand up infront of everyone and give a very moving speech.

The cemetery was an hour and a half drive from our home. It's a very old, very small cemetery that sits ontop of a hill out in the country surrounded by corn fields. My grandparents and great grandparents are also buried there. If you look miles away on the horizon, you'll see a grove of tall pine trees. That is where my wife's father is buried.(he died of cancer when she was only three years old)

I was one of the pallbearers. As his dad, I thought it was my responcibility to make sure he got to his final resting place safely. I watched as the casket was placed in the vault and it was lowered into the ground. I've never watched that before but thought I needed to be there and see it.

I feel that I've overstepped the boundaries of a car site. I was devastated when we found out about his brain tumor and needed to vent. I had no idea that Owen would be adopted by hundreds of car guys and gals that never had the chance to meet him. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!