Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Made it about 34 miles in the Silver state when "BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP...." happened at 4700 rpm doing about 137.

It sounded like I pospped a spark plug, but it was too loudm it was still firing. It later guessed a broken valve spring on an intake, allowing the valve to drop, hit the piston and get jammed up in the guide, allowing the combustion to backfire through the manifold. Wrong. It is time to retire the Crane Golds. The adjuster was there and set correctly, but was loose.

I run about .640 lift and 400 - 430# open spring pressure on these 1.6's

Sorry about your troubles.

1.5s will last much longer, be much more stable and oil better, less chance of burning up the adjuster. Don't blame the rockers. Blame the adjusters and the ratio,imo.

Nascar is running 2.2 ratio rockers at over 9k rpm. Has nothing to do with rocker ratio and everything to do with cam lobe, proper setup and quality parts. Crane golds are not very good rockers in my opinion, and that's why I think it's a good idea to save up for T&D or Jesel rockers. Again, just my opinion.

NASCAR is is not running edlebrock heads. My

That's not my point. My point is, good rockers and good cam profiles with proper setup will work just fine with high ratio rockers.