I am going to build a 360 for my 85 W350 Crew Cab. It has a 727/np205/dana60 4.10gears and 33" tires. I have 2 complete 360 engines one has a 71 cast date that is a standard bore 2bbl truck engine. The other is an 86 cast date 4bbl truck engine. I plan to build the 71. I have been looking for a reliable combination that produces good power at low RPM and runs on pump gas. I was looking at the 360 torque monster build in the tech archives http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/smallblock/8.html. My question is how would this combination work if I used 360 heads that already have the larger valves? What is the advantage of the 302 heads is it the smaller combustion chambers produce more compression? I have a set of 915 heads on the 71, I'm not sure whats on the 86 and might be able to get a set of 308's. I plan on about 9.1 to 9.5 compression so it will have no problem running on pump gas. If any one has any other good 360 truck builds please post them This is my first engine build and I am trying to learn as much as possible.
Thanks, Brian