Quote:

It really seems most people have no idea how labor intensive a good, quality paint job is. The 5 minute paint jobs and week builds on TV have given the masses a false impression of what it takes to build a car. I had a guy recently tell me he was looking to spend $1500-2000. I told him you wont be happy with a job that costs that. Figure $10k and it goes up from there depending on how nice you really want it. Oh, and watch out for all the flaky guys too!

That's why I do my own. As many cars I own I could buy a house for the cost of getting cars painted. Material consumption is a cost savings, never understood the guys doing the cheese grater body work. Why lay it on thick to have it end up on the floor?

We use to completes in a week me and two guys along with whatever walked thru the door. Not every car needs to be stripped to bare metal and started from day one.

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d