Quote:

So what would the next step below a show quality job be, driver quality? And how great is the difference in appearance between the two? If you were at the drive in and saw the 2 side by side would it be a night and day difference or would you have to really look at the cars to see it. This is my first time having a car painted and want to educate myself before I dig too deep of a hole.

Rather than "beat around the bush", just drop the dollar amount your "willing" to spend, and what you actually have budgeted for body/paint, that will give a clear indication to the posters, as to what you can expect for your money....

Keep in mind that just QUALITY paints/primers/fillers/etc will easily set you back $2-$3K...labour is the killer, based on what your requirements are in the finished product, as well as what surprises await the bodyman prepping the car, location of the shop also determines current rates, on the east coast, a quality showcar finish starts at $20K, and that's starting on a clean chassis needing just the minimum in bodywork/blocking for a straight base to paint, and again unless you do bodywork for a living, most Joes have different ideas/concepts of what a clean straight rustfree car really is...