I did my cluster myself. I took the speedometer to a local speedo shop for rebuild. The trip odometer would jam and all the digits would lock together and spin in unison.
I got it back in a clear plastic bag. After they worked on it, there was metal debris in the head that really screwed it up. And the digits on the trip odometer were still messed up. I am sure that Redline will do a better job for you. Lubrication is critical in all parts of the odometer but especially the mileage indicator and the trip odometer.
I redid mine by buying a used speedometer off ebay. I used the newer head and the trip assembly but my odometer so it was still semi accurate. Everything was cleaned electrosonically and then used lubriplate white grease on all moving part surfaces.
The needle was broken since the day I owned it. It was in the bezel still. I put a small copper wire in the channel on the pointer and super glued it to the dial hub. Painted it with Testors Coast Guard orange and put it all together. The repair is undetectable.
I did replace one light tube as was heat distorted years ago.
I did put RT Engineering's Quartz clock and electronic voltage limiter in as well.
Craig

Last edited by denfireguy; 03/11/13 10:32 PM.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado