Quote:

any E-body, '68-'70 B-body,

Ahh the woodgrain years...and you are right on the pricing of things.

I gave some thought to the post above calling me out (on what I'm not really sure) and it is important that all of you realize the following things:

1) The inside of the floors of this car were COVERED in rust scale. Big, ugly chunks of it too. The pine needles filled up the cowl vent and this car got it's fair share of rain/snow sitting on the Eastern edge of the Cascade Mtn. range.

2) The car was sitting on four completely flat tires sunk into the earth when it was found.

All of that said when we talked of parting the car out we had not jacked it up and looked at it very close at all. I was leaning towards getting it running but figured I'd ask the opinions of other car folk before I started another giant project. I filled up my 5 gallon shop vac with rust scale from just the floors...all rust scale. I figured the floor pan would be totally gone but it's not. Same with the frame rails. I figured I'd find a spot somewhere on the cars and never did ( )which is very out of the ordinary in my experience.

On the subject of people's opinions of WIW on these sites I think generally the guys trying to "dictate" market value of cars a) use examples that are not comparable because they have never seen either car and b) wear their emotions on their shirt sleeve. The WIW section is largely a popularity contest these days. Say something another member doesn't like or agree with and your car just lost half of it's value in the WIW section.

To all of you guys that are telling me about rusty cars in Ohio, etc I understand. When my new boss in Oregon asked me why I wanted to transfer from WI I told him it was because Oregon doesn't use road salt. I got a funny look on that one...

Anyway, I did some google image searching and came up with a silver Coronet with a black top. Neat looking car don't you think?