Quote:

As Mopar guys do we are really over-thinking this guys. Do you know how many guys have Racepaks in their cars so they can download the info after a pass and really breakdown what exactly is going on during a pass.

For me, because I don't have a race pack, or expensive gauges. So my only way to come up with the right system is to do just that. Now I also understand why the 16v system came about. A heavy battery draw during a run with a ton of accessory's running on a twelve volt system will cause so much voltage drop with a car size battery that it won't keep the voltage up where it needs to be for enough time. Plus you can only use about 50 percent of the full charge, but a 16 v will deliver about 75 to 80 percent before it gives up. So pound for pound, the 16v is the winner for a no alternator setup. For me though, with a low draw and the fact that I can go enough rounds with a single 12v, that is the cheap route for me.
The one question I have though, is how much extra wattage do the accessories draw due to the higher voltage? That may even up the playing field just a bit. With the added speed of the starter, waterpump, fans etc, that extra speed is not free.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky