Quote:

Quote:

....while I do my burnout with the water pump and fan on, I shut both of them down on my final stage and trip the waterpump as soon as I cross the stripe.... it's served me well and to date i've never had any reprocussions. Basically I'm only powering the fuel pump and ignition on a pass.

J-body... The only problem I was having was cranking the motor over.. if it wasnt done just right, we'd get kickback and aweful screeching/grinding sound.. even with two 12V batteries... fully charged and hooked together..

My first thought was to convert to the 16V system, but I dont have the pocketbook the other members of the B1-aires Boys club have.. so I had to get a little creative..

I'm like the others know very little about the batteries,but trying to learn.But a $269.00 16 volt Rock battery will solve your kick back problems on start up.Since going to 16 volts have not had that happen or broke any starters or flywheels,Hmmm that might answer my question on 16 volts vs 12 volts!Most of us can tell anyone what heads,cam,carb,crank,ect-ect,but we don't know Sh*t about batteries.
PS after we get straight on the Batteries,we can always start another post on alternators vs no alternators test session!

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"