Quote:

Quote:

and a couple more points about the nitrous calculators....First, they don't take into consideration how much the solenoids flow and Second, they can't be accurate because it's a
fact that just because you go up one jet size it doesn't necessarily mean it'll flow X% more....it just doesn't work that way...anyone that's used a flow bench will tell you that....Having said that, a calculator is fun to play with and when spraying relatively small amounts like 150hp and less you'll probably never hurt anything, but if you use those numbers spraying 300-400HP you WILL burn your motor up, so that again proves that they don't work..

Big Squeeze

2 comments:

Have YOU personally ever used the Nitrous Master program or compared it against any of your "experienced" Nitrous tunes?

And did you know that it was written and calculated using a flow bench and real world experience to come up with the predictions in addition to the mathematics?

I don't really want to turn this thread into a piss'n contest, but I have used this program for 10+ years with very consistent results.

Scott

Yes, I did play with it back before I knew very much about nitrous... agreed, I'm not trying to make you or anyone mad... just trying to help...

Like I'd already mentioned, just changing the solenoid affects nitrous and fuel flow, so that calculator CAN'T be correct...

Anyone that understands what's involved in flowing something knows it can't be very accurate...and like I'd already mentioned, figuring hp off fuel is wrong, no two ways about it...and like already mentioned, spraying small amounts I'm sure you'll be fine...

BUT, if you tune the way I've described, you will make more power with the same nitrous jet and it will be trouble free...again, when people throw out what jet numbers to use for a nitrous tuneup, it's just like telling someone what jets to run in their carb...if you're lucky it'll get them close, but it CAN'T be as accurate as tuning it yourself and dialing it in...

I'll bet that you can't find anyone who's used that calculator to spray 200, 300 or 400Hp with "consistent results"...

I tune 2-3 cars/week and do quite a bit of nitrous stuff...I'm not just making this up or repeating what I've read somewhere..

Does what I say not make any sense?

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......