Well, I think I've found the source of my vibration. Question now is: Where do I go from here? Some of you may remember, Motor developed a vibration after I had a converter baloon, and the flexplate bolts smacked the pan rail. Visually, I see no issues with the main webbing. Pics below are of the main bearing issue I've found. All the bearings look bad to me for a 3 year old, 5000 mile motor, probobly a result of the vibration that looks to be related to the #2 main, which is obviously fried, and it would appear that I shut 'er down just in time!

Weird thing is the bearing no longer fits in the saddle correctly. Both at the saddle and cap, the bearing will rock back & forth. When I pulled caps and the crank, all bearings stayed in place except #2. Cap half stayed with the crank when I lifted the cap, and saddle side did the same when I lifted the crank.

The mainline of this block was honed, and the crank was turned down from RB dia. to std. B dimensions (413 crank). bearings are cleavite P series. Motor always showed about 40 lbs of oil pressure at warm idle, and 60 while running from day one, and never changed a bit up until I tore it down.

My plan is to have the crank magged and checked out completely and see where that takes me.

Thoughts from you guys?????

7533356-P1070342.JPG (502 downloads)
Last edited by StealthWedge67; 01/13/13 01:06 AM.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120